The Life of a Teenage Princess (Chapter 2)

Start from the beginning

"Okay, but if you need anything, I'll be here."

"Okay."

I don't know when Jamie came in to go to bed, because right when I laid down, I fell asleep. I must have been exhausted! I looked at my clock. It was only 9:00 A.M. so breakfast was still being served. I ran downstairs, being very hungry, and I bumped into someone blocking the end of the stairway.

"What do you want Camillia?" I asked.

"I want to tell you not to run down the stairs, for a Queen walks."

"Well, excuse me for being hungry."

"Your excused, but don't let it happen again!"

I rolled my eyes. Didn't this woman know sarcasm? I sighed and walked into the Kitchen. When I walked in, I smelled bacon, toast, eggs sunny side up, and pancakes! My favorite! We had a long dining table, so once I had my plate piled high, I sat on the other side of the table, away from Tom. I wanted to avoid him today, after our awkward conversation last night. Then, I started sipping my orange juice. I didn't get too much food because I didn't want Camillia to lecture me. I ate as lady like as I could and what she taught me, but lady like is slow, and I was really hungry, so I started pigging out. When I was half full, I ate slower and then put my dishes in the sink. I know the maid usually does that, but I didn't mind. I saw Tom walking over to me so I had to find a distraction.

Thank God my mother walked over to me and said, "Jannel, could you meet me in my office?"

"Yes."

My mother walked away and Tom said, "Jannel, can we talk?"

I pretended not to hear him and fast -walked to my mother's office. I turned around to make sure he wasn't following me. He wasn't.

When I arrived at her office I had to press the intercom to say, "Mom? It's me."

"Come in."

"You wanted to see me?"

"Yes. I talked to your father for a long time and he finally agreed to do the things on your list with you becoming Queen and all. You can't let Camillia know though. It will be a secret."

"Oh mom! Thank you thank you!!" I hugged her.

"Your welcome. Now before we start, your father wanted you to know that he really does care about you, even if he doesn't show it."

"Really?" I asked. "Dad said that?"

'Yes. We will go shopping for the things you have to buy tomorrow, if you'd like."

"Oh yes mom! Thank you and thank dad! I love you!"

"I love you too darling and I only want the best for you."

"Thank you mother."

"Your really growing up."

I smiled and left. I was so happy that nothing could ruin this moment. Until I heard his voice calling for me.

"Jannel?"

I had a thought, my plan was to just keep walking like last time. So I did.

Then he said, "Jannel, hello? JANNEL?!?!?!?!? Wait up."

Crap, he ran and caught up to me.

"Why are you like avoiding me?"

I didn't want to answer that question, so I started playing with the tips of my hair looking down at my feet.

"Well?" He asked.

"Well I didn't avoid you the first time, my mother wished to see me right away, and I couldn't talk."