​​​​​​_

"Don't fucking die on me now! After all the things that we've been through... I..." 

_

"So... We're fine now, right...?" you asked. 

"I guess so..." Ayato said, looking away. 

​​​​_

"... I love you goddammit!" 

You felt a new wave of energy. 

He... He loves me... I must open my eyes. I must open my eyes! 

With the last energy you had, you finally managed to open your eyes. Even if your vision was a little blurry, you could see Ayato's face clearly. 

His eyes were wide opened and he had tears in them, that threatened to fall. 

You weakly placed a hand on his cheek and smiled. 

His expression turned into a completely relieved one, but then he stood up and went somewhere, making you feel a sharp pain in the chest. 

Is he going to leave me here? After what he said? 

But then he came back, carrying a dead Dove. 

"Eat" he ordered, handing you an arm. 

You did as told, and your wounds started to heal. Ayato walked to you and picked you up in bridal-style. You looked at him confused. 

"It's better if we go somewhere safer" he said. Then he jumped up on a roof and placed you down gently, sitting down beside you.  

"(f/n)" Ayato said seriously and you turned your face to look at him. 

Then he grabbed your shoulders. 

"Don't ever scare me like that again, you idiot. Got it? You gave me a heart attack!" he exclaimed. 

You widened your eyes and smiled happily. Then you hugged his neck, causing him to stiffen. 

"What the hell are you doing?!" Ayato asked confused. 

You pulled back a bit, still smiling. 

"I heard you before, you know" you said. Ayato still looked confused, so you decided to be more clear. 

"So you love me, huh?" you said. 

Ayato widened his eyes and adverted his eyes, frowning. 

"Tch" 

You shook your head lightly and sighed. Then you did it. 

You placed your hand behind Ayato's head and placed your lips on his. Before he could do anything, you pulled away, blushing a bit. 

Ayato had a completely shocked face. 

"I love you too, idiot" you said. 

This time Ayato didn't hesitate a bit as he pushed your back on the ground and kissed you. You immediately kissed back with the same passion as him. 

After a while, he pulled away and placed his forehead on yours, with his eyes closed

"Let's leave" he said firmly. 

"Ayato?" 

"Let's leave this shitty organization and live together somewhere else. Let's leave our past behind" he said. 

You felt your heart beating faster. 

This was the person you wanted to spend the rest of your life with. Not Hide, not Kaneki. Him.