Chapter 19

You smiled. 

"I'm glad..." you said. 

He smiled too and then... 

He closed the gap between you, placing his lips on yours in a soft kiss. 

​​​​​​_

You widened your eyes and blushes, not able to process what was going on. 

You felt Kaneki's hand squeezing yours slightly, and after a few seconds, he pulled away. 

Seeing your completely shocked face, he looked at the other side, still smiling. 

"I'm sorry... I guess I couldn't hold back anymore" he said softly. 

You just looked at your feet. 

You groaned internally and then stood up, avoiding eye-contact. 

"I... I have to go n-now..." you stuttered and left the room. 

Since it was night, you returned to your room running as fast as possible, trying to avoid people, and you lay on the bed. 

You tried to fall asleep, but too many thoughts were filling your mind. 

He kissed me... Kaneki kissed me... 

You found yourself blushing again. 

It... It was just the heat of the moment... Yes, it has to be it. 

Then you frowned, as you began thinking about other stuff. 

You remembered how Ayato had reacted, when you had told him who you really were. 

He had glared at you, then he had let out a 'tch', and he had walked away. 

He probably hates me now... What will I do tomorrow?! 

You groaned loudly and covered your face with your hands. 

If I hadn't decided to build up that stupid façade... Now I wouldn't be in this situation. Now I have to accept the consequences of my own actions.

You sighed. 

Why am I so upset about Ayato, anyway? 

~Flashback~

Ayato let out a 'tch' and walked away. 

'As I thought... He hates me now...'

You felt a pain in your chest, as you felt it tightening. 

You put a hand on your chest and frowned. 

'I shouldn't be feeling like this!' 

Meanwhile, Kaneki had still his hand on your shoulder, and he was watching you carefully. 

​​​​​​"Are you alright, (f/n)-chan?" he asked. 

You looked at him and he widened his eyes. You hadn't realised that you had tears in the corner of your eyes, that were threatening to fall. 

You widened your eyes too and quickly wiped the tears. 

While watching you, Kaneki had realised something. 

That even if you had always acted more maturely for a girl of your age, being constricted to be through rough stuff... You still were only 16... Confronted to him, you were a child.  And even if you were trying badly to hide it, you were as emotional as the other girls of your age.