#21

CHARLOTTE's POV

It's been a week since Gabe had the accident and he still hasn't woke up. I spend every minute in his room, hoping to wake up the next morning to him staring at me, but it never happens. I've told James about the situation, he is old enough to understand now. He has cried for 2 days because of it. I am crying right now. I haven't stopped since I came here that night. My parents and Gabe's parents keep the kids and sometimes they come to visit.
I am starting to loose hope right now, but I know that he is still fighting to live. As I get up from the chair to stretch my legs, I hear the machine that is attached to Gabe going wild. As I turn around I see him with his eyes open and some doctors enter the room. I am shocked but I let them work and after a few minutes, they take him to another room.
"Mrs. Gomér, her husband has had a crisis. There is a positive news and a negative news. The negative one is that Mr. Gomér has an hemorrhage, so we are going to operate him. The positive one is that he is going to wake up and he will be free in a week or so"
"OH MY GOD THANK YOU VERY MUCH"
The doctor smiles at me and I sit down, waiting for Gabe to come out.

*two weeks later*
GABE's POV

Today I am going home. I am finally seeing my children after nearly a month. I am so happy that I am awake now. Charlotte told me what happened once I woke up. I can't believe I've been such a dick to her and to our kids. It was a dark time, I don't even know what was going on. At least, me and Charlotte made up and now we re planning our family holidays. Our actually first one since James was born.
Once Charlotte's car pulls up to our house, James, Lucy and Mike come closer to hug me. Man, i've missed them. I lead them to the house and we spend there most of the day. It's now 7 pm and, as it's a Sunday, our family tradition is to watch movies. We haven't done that in a while, since I've been out of myself for nearly 6 months, but now I am ready to start again.
G: "Lucy it's your turn" I nearly shout while dining.
Charlotte and James look at me in a confused way.
L: "to do what dada?"
G:"it's Sunday, it means it's movie night!"
The kids start jumping and everyone is soon glued on the sofa, ready to watch the film. As I get into the room to get the DVD, Charlotte joins me.
"Thank you" she whispers
"For what?"
"You just made them happy. I haven't seen them so happy in ages" she smiles and kisses me.
I grab the Barbie movie Lucy wanted to see and then I get back in the living room.
"Who is ready for movie night?" I smile and the kids start laughing and shouting. I missed this.