Chapter 5: Strokes And Love

Grace P.O.V
I wake up and expect to feel Frankie holding me in her arms, but instead I feel nothing except the sheets covering my naked body and the vibration of my phone, buzzing away on my pillow. I see that I'm getting a call from a random number, I wonder who this is.

~~On The Phone~~
Grace: Hello?

Jacob: Grace, Frankie is at the hospital, you need to come now.

Grace: W-what?!! What happened!!

Jacob: Me and Frankie went out after you had a drunk rampage and I got her from the house. We went out and ate and we were talking and all of a sudden she couldn't move.

Grace- I'm on my way!! And drunk rampage? I never gotten drunk yet?!

Jacob: Look, just get here and hurry, we'll talk more about everything when you get here.

Grace: Ok, see your there, bye.

Jacob: Bye.
~~Off The Phone~~

Oh my God, what happened to Frankie? What did she do? Why did she lie about me being on a 'drunk rampage'? How does Jacob not know about Frankie's condition? How much salt did she take in today while she was out? *gasp* Did Frankie try and cheat on me? I tear up a little and get out of bed and start getting ready to go. I take a quick shower and brush my teeth and wash my face. I walk out of the bathroom and into my closet for something to wear and I put on some clothes.

I brush my hair like normal and put on my heels. I grab my purse and keys from the table and I head out the door, down the stairs towards my car. I look out and see the waves and the sand. It seems like only yesterday that me and Frankie were getting drunk like dummies on the sand and just hanging out with each other, actually being friends. I wipe my few tears and drive faster to the hospital. I make it there and park the car crooked but I don't care right now. I make sure I have my keys and lock the doors.

I walk inside and I go to the front desk and a lady is there. "Hi, I'm here to see Frankie Bergstein. I'm her fiance." I make up a quick lie. "Oh, she's in room D-5. Here's your band and have a nice day." She says. "Thank you and so do you." I give her a small smile and walk away from the front desk. I get just outside the room and I see everyone here. "We need to talk." I say looking at Jacob and he nods. We walk away from the rest of the group and we begin to clear things up. "Tell me what happened while I was asleep." I say to him. "Why exactly where asleep? You don't usually sleep the entire morning." Jacob asks me and I blush. He took note into that and simply said "Oh, I understand." And I nod as my blush fades a little. "So, t-tell me what happened." I say and he nods and begins.

"Frankie had called me and said that you decided to get drunk for some reason and I heard a glass break, she was probably in the kitchen. After I heard that I panicked a little and came right away to get her. We went out to her favorite vegan restaurant and everything was fine. We walked to a near by park and sat down. Then she started talking about why she left me for you, and I officially understood. Then, she couldn't move and I was terrified, I thought she was dying. I picked her up and brought her to the hospital and then called you." He said truthfully. "Her restaurant, are they known for having salty food?" I ask worriedly. "Yes, a little but why is that important?" Jacob says and I look at him in disbelief.

"Jacob, do you not know that Frankie had a stroke 2 weeks ago, and the doctor said her second one could be deadly?" I ask him with tears in my eyes as my vision gets blurrier by each second that goes by until he's a dark blurr, and until my tears fall to my cheeks. "No, I swear Frankie, I had no idea. Frankie only told me 'I'm fine' and that reasured me that she was ok, that it was a one time thing. But I did tell her to be careful but I guess the idea of the second one being deadly flew past my head." Jacob says. I wipe my tears and look at him. "Well, Frankie is not fine, far from it." I say as my voice cracks and he slightly opens his arms as I walk in them for a comforting hug and to cry the rest of my tears.