Chapter one: Crossing paths

In a world of death, fire, and zombies it couldn't get any worse for the very few alive, Abigail "Misty" Briarton is a country girl with a rough past, A past of abuse, neglect and death. She comes off as being a tough yet likable person. She is fearless and holds a deep need of affection in herself. We see her walking the streets just months after the world was taken over by the undead. She holds a shotgun and a nasty attitude for the dead world around her. She travels to a diner where she thinks she will find some food and supplies. "Hope I can find what I'm looking for some food." she travels inside the diner and finds several TV dinners that'll last her a few weeks. "Jackpot." Misty says with a smirk on her face. She packs up the food with her other supplies in her pack back and heads off onto the body shop right next door. She walks up to see that the body shop had been boarded up with 2x4's. She looks over and thinks she may find something useful in the tool shed she opens it up and finds an axe. "Yeah this shit'll work and hell may bust a flesh-gobbler head with it down the road." she walks up to the boarded up door and cuts the wood from the door. She struggles but manages to open the door. "Damn, fucking thing wouldn't open." she says to herself. She looks around to see various different contraptions put together by junk, she sees old candy bar wrappers and various different food wrappings. She then sees an old microwave hooked up to a old car battery and sees that there is a dirty rag inside, she picks up the rag and notices that it is very wet. "Someone's still snooping around this place." she pumps her shotgun and explores in and around the building. After searching the area she finds nobody but suspects someone to arrive at anytime. "They'll be back, fuckers are smart, know how to survive." she then decides to have a seat at the front counter and wait for someone to come back. She leans up against the wall weapon at hand ready for anything to happen at any moment. Time passes and she is still waiting. Misty is looking at a deck of cards she found lying on the table and whistling a song from a heavy metal band she grew up listening to. She then gazes up to see a man in a white button up shirt walk up with a pair of keys in his hands and some really big black glasses. "Ah shit." she then hides behind the counter with her shot gun at hand. "Why the hell is this guy wearing a tie?" She said to herself. "Hell why's he wearing such nice clothes in the first place?". The man walks to the building and notices that his barrier had been torn down. The man pulls out a pistol and aims toward the building while entering the shop. Misty surprises the man and jumps out with her shotgun pointed right at him while he is faced in the other room. "Put it down!" The man is frozen in fear and surprise of Misty's presents. "I won't ask again fucker!!" Misty yells out at him. "Ok, I'm sorry, here's my weapon, please do not kill me I'm a very helpful and intelligent human that can befits us both in our most difficult predicament!" The man says throwing Misty his weapon with his hands up and head down in fear. "Huh? The fuck did you just say?" asked Misty. "Oh.... I... I said that I'm... I'm a very helpful and intell..." "Shut up I didn't mean it like that I was being a bad bitch heh heh heh." Misty said with a smirk. "Oh?! .... Oh thank the artificial spirits that surround my presents." the man said. Misty paused with a puzzled look on her face " Dude, The fuck..." Misty said. "What?" She lowered her weapon and placed it over her shoulder. "Are you a nerd or queer or what?" "I told you once before I'm a very knowledgeable and intelligent human being with a very high vocabulary". "Well I guess you're not a threat." Misty said. "Why no if anything I'm a useful and complementary ally to your person." Said the man. "Oh my fucking god we gotta get you to stop talking that way, it's really fucking annoying dude." Misty explained. "Sorry I'll use a lower vocabulary." he said. "Ok good......... I'm Misty" "I'm Marlton, let me show you around". Marlton said with open arms.