Puppet

"My little puppet. You can't escape from the strings. They are a part off you. They always have been," the voice said creepily. The sound of waves reverberated in the dark room. I breathed heavily.

     "Your every move, I made you do it. Your every decision, I decided," the voice said in a soothing tone. The sound of the waves intensified.

     "You do what I want you to do. You always did. You always will!" the voice seemed to scream. It sounded like the waves were lapping against the very walls of the room.

     "You can never escape this! You will do what I want you to do. You always will! You don't have a choice!" the voice sounded like it belonged to someone who was slowly losing their sanity. Lightning struck in the middle of the room which made me jump backwards. I hugged my legs close to my chest and I started rocking back and forth.

     A shiny object hovered in front of me. A knife.

     "Do it!" the voice commanded. Tears brimmed my eyes. 

     This thing have been controlling me all my life. Make your own choice. It can't win. It should never win.

     "Never!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. The floor opened below me causing me to fall backwards. I tried grabbing at air as if that could save me.

     "Goodbye."