six

Scorpius (3:27pm): Are you ignoring me again?

Albus (3:30pm): no.

Albus (3:31pm): and you can't say 'again' i wasn't even ignoring you before.

Scorpius (3:33pm): Yes, you were.

Scorpius (3:33pm): Why haven't you spoken to me then? And if you say you're busy, I'm going to hex you the next time I see you.

Scorpius (3:35pm): Whenever that will be.

Albus (3:45pm): when i said i was busy before, that was true. and it's true again.

Scorpius (3:50pm): You are mad at me. You have periods at the end of your texts. You never do that.

Albus (4:00pm): merlin's beard scorpius, i'm not fucking mad at you!

Scorpius (4:02pm): Okay.

- - -

Albus (3:27am): fuck. i'm not mad at you. i could never be mad at you. you're a fucking angel. like???? sometimes i look at u and i'm like???? what the fuck??????? you're so fucking cute???????? and you're so funny and a dork and you look at me so fondly sometimes i think it's gonna fucking kill me!!!!! and. i don't know. i have no fucking idea scorpius. all i know is that you have my entire fucking heart and idk how to deal with that!! and so i avoid you bc if you don't feel the same i don't wanna lose you!! and it's easier to take that space to deal rather than say something and hurt u, bc i never wanna hurt u, but it seems like that's all i'm doing lately. i don't know. i don't even know what i'm thinking all i know is i am so fucking in love with you and i don't even care that this is the gayest thing i've ever done bc you'll never read this. i'm in fcuking love with u scorpius malfoy i'd give up everything for you to love me too

Albus (3:28am): fucking*

Albus (3:28am): fuck fUCK FUCK I DIDNT MEAN TO SEND THAT FUCKLDSN SLNDKFNF

Albus (3:28am): FUCK 

- - -

Albus can only think of one thing, and that's to get Scorpus' phone and delete that text before he sees it. I mean, it's pretty lucky that he sent it at 3am, because Scorpius is probably asleep, but still. 

"I'm such a fucking idiot," Albus mutters to himself, shaking his head. He creeps over to Scorpius' bed, across the dormitory, but he freezes because Scorpius is holding his phone in his hand, wide awake. "DON'T READ IT," Albus says, much louder than he should be saying anything at 3am.

It's clear by the look on Scorpius' face that he already has. His face is soft with surprise, and it's too soon to tell if it's a pleased or disgusted surprised expression. Nausea swirls and churns in Albus' stomach.

"I'm sorry," he blurts.

"That's why you've been acting so weird," Scorpius responds.

Albus runs a hand through his hair. "I -- I get it if you don't wanna be friends anymore. I...I don't wanna make you uncomfortable. I didn't even mean to send that text! My dumb ass was just typing out what I felt and I fucking misspelled something and I -- oh, wow, you're really close." While he was rambling, Scorpius got out of bed and walked up to Albus, standing much closer than Albus is used to. Albus swallows nervously, steps back.

"Please be honest with me," Scorpus whispers. "Did you mean it?"

Albus closes his eyes. "Yes," he whispers back. "I'm so sorry, I know I've been --" He's cut off by Scorpius letting out a tiny squeal and hugging him around the waist, and then the smaller blond goes up on tiptoe and kisses Albus' cheek a few times. Albus is almost drowning in shock before he manages to wrap his arms back around Scorpius.

"I love you, too," Scorpius breathes back, just loud enough that Albus can hear him. "I always have! Ever since we met you've had my heart!"

Albus squeezes him tighter. "I'm so sorry. I didn't know how to deal with it, and I --"

"Shut up," Scorpius laughs. "It doesn't matter. I understand why now, and I love you too much to care. Oh, it feels so good to say that!" He pulls back, cups Albus' face in his hands. "I love you," he says again, much more shyly. He nuzzles his nose against Albus', and Albus' entire heart has crawled its way up his throat.

"Can I kiss you?" Albus whispers, and when Scorpius nods, Albus kisses him as if he's never going to stop.