satisfied

CHAPTER SIX: intelligent eyes

-

i felt a poke to my cheeks, and i groaned.

who the hell wakes a person up in the middle of a beautiful, beautiful nap? a crazy person that's who.

"millie? wake up, it's time for you to get ready?"

"leave me alone sink. i'm trying to ignore life and it's hard when you're bothering me," i respond, flipping over and pulling the blanket over my head.

there was a huff and i grinned in satisfactory when i was met with silence. i was just on the verge of falling back in when a new voice came into the equation. "sadie's making me. sorry mills."

wait, what does that mean?

and before i could process anything, i felt cold ice water pouring over my head, and body in a chilling way.

i shrieked, jumping and practically falling off the bunk.

"what the hell!" i glared at the two who had amused smiles. i pushed finn away angrily as, he had had his arms around me; the only reason i hadn't fallen totally.

"oh come on brown don't be that way!"

scoffing, i walked over to the bathroom and yelled over my shoulder, "leave me alone! i don't want to talk to y'all."

they chuckled and it only made my embarrassment grow with anger.

locking the door with a sigh, and running a towel over my hair gently drying i change into the stupid bright outfit that hung on the rack.

it's bright pastel pink dress sticking out loudly behind the white curtains.

"are you almost done?" i heard, and i rolled my eyes not answering, still annoyed at them.

shoving the tight and puffy dress on i opened the door with a glare; meeting finn's eyes instantly.

"i'm ready. are you happy?" i snapped.

his features softened suddenly. the playfulness gone, placed with a look i couldn't decipher.

awkwardly i looked to sadie who smirked. making a heart with her hands and gesturing towards finn and i. blushing, i looked away back at the bodyguard.

"what?" i asked uncomfortably, looking around shyly. "what are you looking it?"

"nothing, nothing's it's just..." his voice trails, taking in my appearance all together. "you look beautiful millie."

sadie snickers. "she's absolutely glowing isn't she finn?"

the pupils in his eyes seem to dilate slightly over the skin on my shoulders and neck showing. "y-yeah."

my heart was shaking now with nerves, and i felt all my previous annoyance bubble away. "really?"

his nod is frantic.