Victoria glanced back at the other ladies that had gotten dressed with her and her smile faulted only slightly, Tommy had informed her days ago that her only remaining family couldn't make it from America in time for their wedding. It hurt, but she was determined to make the day a one that she would remember forever, the party to be so loud that their loved ones in the sky could hear their happiness. Polly walked over to where she sat at the dressing table with an open box and picked out the necklace that laid inside, placing the piece of jewellery around her neck and fixing the clasp. Her fingers instantly raising to touch the small blue pendant, staring back at it in the dressing table mirror.

"Something blue... Our mothers' necklace," Ada spoke, the tears already filling in her eyes. If anyone would be wearing her mothers' jewellery then she was glad that it was Victoria, from one strong woman to another. "Something old... your mothers' ring as your engagement ring."  Linda, Arthurs' lady, pointed out as she held Catherine in her arms. "Something borrowed... my pearl hair pins." Polly smiled as she placed a hand reassuringly onto her shoulder. Esme, John's lady, suddenly pulled a penny from her purse and held it out to Victoria, "and a sixpence in your shoe." The ladies all burst into laughter as the bride to be took off her pure white kitten heels and dropped the penny into her shoe before slipping it back onto her foot.

Victoria stood to her feet and pressed a soft kiss to her daughters head, she was thankful for all of the ladies that had came as they offered assistance in getting both her and her daughter ready. The door of their room soon opened and John walked in with his infamous grin from ear to ear. He looked from one lady to another before his teary eyes stopped on Victoria, instantly having to sit down as the overwhelming emotion took him by surprise. "Oh John, don't cry otherwise you'll start us all off," Victoria smiled as she walked over to her soon to be, brother in law.

The rest of the ladies along with little Catherine decided to leave them for a moment and walked down to where the cars were awaiting them with everything that they would need for the ceremony. Once he had collected his emotions, John stood to his feet and beamed with pride at the task he had been given for the day. "Your mother would be so proud of the woman you've grown to be. And I know that if your brother were standing here today he would be a very proud man, giving his beautiful little sister away to be married to her soul mate. It's an honour to be taking his place and to be walking alongside with you." John spoke clearing his throat as he allowed a stray tear to fall down his cheek.

"I'm so glad I have you walking with me John, I know it would have meant a lot to our Danny, and I know it means a lot to Tommy. So thank you, for looking after me, for making us all laugh when we needed it most and for being the best uncle to Tommy and I's three children." Victoria smiled sweetly as she straightened up his tie and giving it a light pat.

Victoria picked up her bouquet with a mix of deep red roses and white baby's-breath, held together with a bow of white ribbon, and linked arms with John as they walked out of the room and down the stairs one step at a time, her veil flowing behind them both. They stepped outside and the two chauffer driven cars were and smiled at the ladies that stood awaiting them. Catherine got into the front car with her mother and John where as the other four ladies all climbed into the car behind.

The drive to the church that they would be having their service at was slightly longer than usual as the driver had driven along the scenic route as requested by the bride. "Are you nervous?" John asked with a smiled at her, his gaze never leaving her as the sun shone through the window onto her face. Victoria turned to look at him with a bright smile, shaking her head softly. "Not at all. I've loved Tommy for as long as I can remember, he's my soul mate and I can't imagine my life without him." She answered, her smile saying it all as she wrapped her arm around their daughter that sat next to her.