09.

╔═══════════╗

'𝙊𝙃,
𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂.'

╚═════♡═════╝

Tommy slipped the paper back into the envelope and into his inside the pocket of his suit before he stood back up from sitting on the bed

Tommy slipped the paper back into the envelope and into his inside the pocket of his suit before he stood back up from sitting on the bed. He took a minute to recollect his thoughts and ran his fingers through his hair before walking out of their bedroom, closing the door behind like he was closing the door on his emotions. The thing about tommy is that he knew when to allow his emotions show and when to keep them hidden away. It was best for him and everyone else around him if he just hid away the emotions that he was going through.

As he walked down the stair case, Ada, Polly wandered through the door way with frown plastered across their faces, Michael and Finn slowly following close behind. "Where is Victoria? Both Ada and I would like to ask her something..." Polly asked looking at tommy as she hung her coat on the hook. Tommy cleared his throat and stepped down from the last step of the stair case, "she's gone." Ada's frown deepened as she turned to face her older brother, "where has she gone to? Will she be long?"

Tommy shook his head and walked over to the small table beside the door and poured himself a small measure of whiskey, swirling it around the glass. "I don't mean like she's just popped out for fresh air or to the shop. She's packed up all her shit and fucking left me. All I was fucking worth was some stupid note. Guess she finally saw me for the monster that I really fucking am." He spoke up, his voice cracking slightly with emotion. He necked back the measure of whiskey, allowing the strong liquor to burn down his throat, this was the only kind of pain that he liked.

Michael cleared his throat and slid his hands into his pockets, his mind had wandered, and he was curious on whether she had told him her little secret. Finn stepped towards his older brother and shook his head, "but why would she leave us? Everything was going fine..." He asked raising an eyebrow.

Tommy glanced to his little brother and pulled his cap back onto his head, adjusting it so that it sat comfortably. "Well after the races, I was with her at the stables seeing Monaghan Boy. I thought our luck had come in, so I was going to tell her how I truly felt about her." Tommy explained, his head lowering slightly. "But then Kimber realized that we had stitched him up and found us there, he was going to kill Monaghan Boy. Then he caught sight of Victoria and said he would forget about it all, if he got to spend the night with him and he took her... that's why I asked you all to go to the safe house."

The concern in both Polly and Ada was showing as they listened to every word that left his mouth. "But when I got there Kimber was laying with a bullet in his shoulder and Victoria wasn't there. I finished off before I left him." He shrugged as he lifted his head to face his family.

Ada walked over to him and placed her hand on tommy's arm, "I'm sure she'll be fine, I'm sure she'll come ba-" But before she could finish what she was saying, Michael cleared his throat and leaned against the wall. "Are you sure that's the only reason why she left you?" Michael asked crossing his arms across his chest. Tommy stepped closer to Michael and raised an eyebrow, "and what makes you question that?"