04

╔═══════════╗

'𝙅𝙊𝙄𝙉 𝙈𝙀,
𝘿𝘼𝙍𝙇𝙄𝙉𝙂.'

╚═════♡═════╝

Once Tommy had finished his conversation with his Uncle Charlie, he walked through to the barn where he knew Curley had took Victoria

Once Tommy had finished his conversation with his Uncle Charlie, he walked through to the barn where he knew Curley had took Victoria. He watched for a minute as she stroked Monaghan Boy, earning a few grunts of appreciation from the horse. "You're such a handsome boy, " she smiled, running her hand down his head.

"Thank you. So what do you think of him ?" Tommy laughed as he walked further in to where she stood. "You startled me, you fool." She smiled shaking her head turning to face him, "but to answer your question I do like horses. Always used to dream of having them, but we never had room or money to keep them. They're such beautiful animals, especially this one." She nodded back towards Monaghan Boy.

"There's a horse racing event coming up soon, it's a big thing for Birmingham..." But before Tommy could finish what he was saying, Victoria interrupted. "The Cheltenham races? God Danny used to love it, always used to talk about it. Last year he spent weeks trying to convince me to go but I had other plans.. what I would give to just go back and go with him, watch him when he's happiest." She explained, trying to hide her sadness with a smile.

"Yes, the Cheltenham races. The whole family are going, we always make it a big affair, everyone gets their best on. The one day a year when Arthur actually cares what he looks like" Tommy laughed taking a cigarette out of his metal casing. "Join me, darling? I would love for you to join us all. Grant you say yes, I had arranged for Aunt Pol' to go with you to get a new dress for the occasion. All expenses have been taken care of." He asked, rubbing the cigarette against his bottom lit before lighting it up.

Victoria had looked down at the ground, playing with a piece of straw with her shoe. It was alot to take in. Earlier this morning she had planned to be leaving town, now with Tommy's request she would be staying even longer. "Danny would turn in his grave if I declined Cheltenham races yet again." She laughed, "this is just another way of being close to him, going to the races where he was happy. But I can pay for my own dress."

Tommy shook his head as he watched her, "since you are coming as my guest, I am covering the costs." She then let out a sign of defeat as she knew that it was an argument she wouldn't win. "My sister Ada is coming home later today, she wishes to join you and Aunt Pol' when you go shopping for a dress."  He spoke as he pulled a piece of paper from his pockets, holding it out to her. Victoria took the cream envelope with a wax seal and placed it into her coat pocket. "Now that's your formal invitation, take good care of it." Tommy smiled as he picked out a carrot from the treat box, holding it out for him to eat. "Hes a beautiful horse," Victoria nodded as she ran her hand down his back.

Tommy stepped aside as he watched her, "he's the family horse but he's always took a special place in my heart, we got him just after we came back from France. Gave me something I could focus on, try to get the use war from my mind. He's just another member of the Shelby family." Victoria looked back at him and put her hand on his arm rubbing softly as she smiled.