The Bet

It All Started With A Bet:
Edit:
Warning: I was really young when I wrote this story and it has a lot of flaws. And yes, I'm fully aware of it but I don't have time to edit it right now. If you continue to read this story, that's great but you have been warned. Remember that before writing hate comments. I didn't ask you to read this story, you did it because you wanted to and I don't think anybody likes it when their stories are called 'crap' or 'unreal'. I'm sorry if this is too rude but it has been years since I wrote this and honestly, I've had enough with the haters. If you are going to comment on my writing style, you are most welcome. I don't mind that.
There's always room for improvement.
But, the plot was written by a much younger version of me and it is what it is. If you don't like the plot, feel free to not read.
Again, comments about my writing style are most welcome because I know that in this story, I haven't been the best writer.
Also, this is NOT a One Direction fan fiction. But I do love them.
(02.07.2016)
Chapter 1:

The Bet:

Erik:

"Erik, get ready. Or else, you'll be late." Mom shouted from downstairs.

"Yeah, I'm getting ready!" I shouted back.

I got up, went to the washroom and quickly took a shower.

I decided to wear my favorite Jack Wills t-shirt and black jeans with matching Converse. And as usual, I left my always supposedly flawless blonde hair as it is.

Bidding my mother 'goodbye', I went down and grabbed a granola bar before hurrying off towards my red Jaguar.

__________________15 mins later__________________

As I entered the school hall, all the girls stared at me, then whispering to each other-without a doubt- about my *cough* obviously handsome looks. No lies there. (No, I'm not conceited.)

'The usual.' I thought as I made my way towards the place my group of friends usually stood.

I think only Harry and Louis have arrived school as I could only see them.

"Hey E!" Harry cheered as he pulled me into a bone crushing hug. 'This guy is reeaally into hugging' I thought and chuckled.

"Gosh you should've seen the girls as you entered the school. They were practically drooling over you." Louis stated, making me chuckle, again.

"Only one girl was different." Blake implied, putting up a single finger.

"Who?" Harry and Louis said in unison and looked at Blake.

"Her," he said pointing at a messy blonde-haired girl.

I examined her. She was sort of cute.

The girl was wearing a black crop top and blue denim jeans with a pair of Converse, the same pair as mine.

"Eww..." Hailey made a face. "I think she's an ugly tomboy." she added.

I, on the other hand, thought the opposite. But I couldn't risk my reputation or couldn't stand it if anyone would tease me, so I agreed.

Yeah, I am just like that. "Yeah, I don't care if that ugly girl is not interested in me." I snorted, even though deep down, I knew I was lying.

"So you may say." Blake gave me a cunning look, a mischievous tone in his voice.

"What?" I asked, clearly confused. "Since she is not drooling all over you like the other girls are, you will think she's ugly." Blake explained casually.

"Huh, as if!" I snorted again, entering the code to open my locker.

"Then prove it!" Blake challenged me. He had a smirk on his face which I oh-so-badly wanted to rub off.

"What? Are you challenging me?" I asked in a threatening tone, squinting my eyes at him.

"If I said 'yes', what would you do?" he replied, his tone rising. He was staring at me, anger flashing in his eyes. Wait, anger? How can he be angry just because of a girl?

"Well then, challenge accepted." I told him, never taking my gaze off of him.

"If eyes could kill!" Zoey joked, as everyone laughed. Well, except me and Blake.

"But what is her name?" Tammy asked, her eyebrows furrowing. "Samantha, Sam for short." Zo shrugged.

"Well then, you have to make Sammy over there-" He said pointing a finger at her. "- fall for you, Erik. Or else, you lose the bet!" Harry announced a little too loud, and surprisingly the girl called Sam didn't take notice. Bloody Harry.

"Harry!" the other guys chorused, looking at him.  "Sorry." He said, looking guilty.

Sam:

I was quietly keeping my things in the locker when I heard my name being called.

Instincts took over and I responded,

"Samantha, Sam for short." I heard someone say.

"Well then, you have to make Sammy over there-" The person said pointing a finger at me. "- fall for you, Erik. Or else, you lose the bet!" A male announced a little too loud, but I acted as I didn't notice.

I gritted my teeth. So they were betting on me, again.

Interesting.

So, if they think they can play with my feelings, I want to play along.

Let the games begin! I thought and chuckled to myself devilishly...

And that was when the bell rang.

I sighed and hurried towards my first class.

***