[Sixteen: New Love?]

Start from the beginning

I started the car and headed over to Bella's house. Jacob gave me unneeded directions. 

I pulled up to her house seeing that Bella's dad was also home.

"You know what Jake, I'll just go down the street and look at the shops. I'm not really acquainted with Bella." I told him trying to give off a shy impression.

"Come on Marie, you've never given off that shy vibe." Jacob said but was interrupted by the door opening.

"Jacob did you drive here by yourself?" Chief Swan said from the door.

"No a friend actually drove my dad's truck here. It's Marie. " Jacob replied back and pulled me to his side.

"Hello Mr. Swan, He insisted that I drive since I have a license." I said with a sheepish grin. I mentally cursed at Jacob.

Chief swan gave a nod and welcomed us inside.

Bella walked downstairs to see who was here and her eyes widen at the sight of me.

"Hey Bella i just came to see if you were fine I also brought a family friend..." Bella cut him off with the answer to my name.

"Marie, I know who she is. She tried rushing to save me from the accident today. I never thanked you." She said and I was surprised by her declaration.

"It was no problem just instinct."

Chief swan just looked at me in gratitude.

"Marie why didn't you tell me you did that?" Jacob said punching my shoulder.

A blush crept over my face and Bella's eyes narrowed at my reaction.

I looked away. This is so dumb why am I acting like a hormonal teen that's just falling in love. He is attractive if i'm being honest.

I shook my head and say that Charlie was looking at me.

"Jacob what do you think of your dad signing to be Marie's official guardian?"

"Um, I didn't know that my father signed to be her legal guardian. I think it's cool."

Charlie seemed to be satisfied with this answer and didn't question anymore.

Jacob and Bella went over trivial things that I didn't care for until she brought up the accident.

That is when i shot my mind out to her however there was this shield like the ones my people have. I tried to soothe into it with nice words since she was just human.

Bella instantly dropped the accident and didn't bring it up. I just stayed seated at the couch.

"So Marie are you ready to drive back home?" Jacob said as he stood in front of me. His hand outstretched so he could help me up. I took his hand and let him hoist me up.

I guess.” I said as I moved towards the door.

We leave Bella’s house and I drive straight to the reservation.

“Hey why are you going to the reservation?” Jacob asked really confused,

“I’m going to drop you off and I’ll walk home. I just need to think.” Not entirely a lie I was going to go over to the Cullen's house.

“No we can go to your house I’ll drive back here.” Jacob said with a sense of panic in his voice.

“It’s fine there’s still light out here.” I told him with a smile.

He didn’t try to argue with me, so we drove the rest of the way in silence.

When i dropped him off I started on my walk to the Cullen’s but Jacob stopped me and gave me his jacket.

“No I’m not cold.” I said as I shrugged off his jacket and tried handing it back to him.

“No you will be cold so just take it.” He said insisting and not backing down.

I just took it, but he brought me into a goodbye hug. I didn't know what to think, so i left with my mind a jumbled mess.

Author's Note
I am so sorry I know I haven't uploaded in forever but Senior year is kicking my butt. I hope you enjoy.