Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Few hours later, I awaken with her head lying on my chest and my arms around her. I notice the fields a few meters away, we are approaching the former Amity farmlands. They still call it Amity but now anyone is free to work there.

"Beatrice," I say shaking her. Her eyes flutter slowly, showing her liveliness. For a second, I look into her eyes and she casts an inexistent spell on me.

"Yeah?"She asks groggily, waking me up from the trance.

"C'mon wake up we're gonna jump." I tell her.

"Okay," she says drowsily, "wait what?!?" I watch her eyes widen and show a flash of fear.

I take her hand,"Do you trust me?" She searches my face for a while then nods. Her grip tightens and she holds on to me for dear life.

"On three, one..two..three...," I count aloud, we leap off the train and in a matter of seconds, I feel cold liquid all over my body. We fell into a lake.

"Hahaha..," she laughs in delight as she dances in the frigid water," This is amazing!" Her laughter echoes around the premises, I couldn't help it and ended up laughing with her. She squirts water into my face jokingly.

"Hey," I say protesting. No one squirts water in my face. Ever. I hate that!

"What you're wet anyway?"

We ended up playing in the water like little kids, and she made me forget about reality for a while. Half an hour later Beatrice starts shivering.

"You okay?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I think this is enough," she says half laughing. Her thin body is now shaking gently and I can feel her teeth chattering. I'm trying not to shake that hard too.

"Okay let's go," I proposed. Her eyes shows disappointment but is soon replaced by something else, I've never seen the expression.

I smile at her and takes her hand. I slip my fingers into hers and she didn't pull away. We stood there doing nothing for forever. Until she breaks the silence.

"Four,can you hold on for a sec?" She asks and lets go of my hand. I feel my heart break a little for letting her go.

"Yeah sure," I say looking away.

I turn around to look at her, she was no longer wearing her gray-abnegation clothes but a black tank-top and on her collarbone the three ravens. She was Tris! I am sure of it, but she doesn't remember.

"So Beatrice how did you get here, to Chicago, I mean?"I hoped it'll let her memories come back to her.

"So this is Chicago," She says and her eyes twinkling," I woke up in a room bounded to a chair.There were people around me, most dressed in blue and two men dressed in black by the door, they were carrying guns. A short,blonde-haired lady towards my forehead. I kicked her arm and the her gun dropped. I struggled free of the ropes, took her gun and ran. Somehow I saw a train passing by and it was my only hope, I jumped in and finally saw you."

I nod and she stares at the groud.

"Hey, do you recall any name, Tris?" I force myself to try, just one more time. I can't give up.

"Tris...hm.. wasn't that what you called me?"

My heart dropped and my stomach lurched. I just had to try, way to go Tobias! Note the sarcasm.

"Yeah, I'm sorry, you just look a lot like her."

"It's okay," She say smiling,"don't apologize."

"Why are you doing this to me, Tris?" I thought

"Tris...," she mumbles, " funny name."

"Yeah, it wasn't the name she was born with though, it was Beatrice," I say explaining her name. I just won't give up, I promised I would find her. Can't and won't let go now.

"Beatrice..." Her expression freezes and her body is stiff, suddenly she collapses to the ground.