Chapter 4

GALE’S POV

BEEP BEEP BEEP… My alarm goes off, I try hitting it with my fist which makes it fall onto the floor. I get out clothes and walk into my toilet to take a shower. When I come out I wrap myself with a towel and walk to the mirror, Alice, she is in her toilet next door brushing her teeth.  I hope see looks at me. I feel really sad since I ignored her the other day, I really like her and I hope she can forgive me. I’ve never felt this way about a girl in my whole life. Well I did have a girlfriend named Kayla; she cheated on me over my best friend Nickolas.

I watch as Alice’s face scans my wet bare back. When I turn around she tries to avoid my gaze. I smile when I get her attention she smiles back. I start to laugh when she drops her tooth brush on the floor, I watch as she tries to pick it up but she never stands back up again I leave the bathroom now running late for school.

Alex is already down stairs standing next to the door “are you ready?” I ask her. She nods her head and opens the door. I walk her to school; I see all these little girls run inside the school when the bell rings. I hug Alex and kiss her on the forehead.  I watch as these girls start snickering at Alexis direction. I bend down so I can talk face to face with her. “Do you know tough’s girls over there” I point at the girls laughing at my sister. “Yeah” she replies. “Do you play with them?” I ask “No, they’re mean” “good don’t hang out with them alright” I say while kissing her on the forehead again. “Bye” she says while walking into the building.

When I reach school I buy breakfast from the canteen and walk over to Matt and everyone else. “Hey” I greet every one. I watch as Regan Foster approaches us. I hear someone whisper “snick” while she walks towards me. Her pink polished fingers sweep my back while she picks through my muffin for a raisin. She puts it between her teeth, Jason says to her “go away and play with your Barbie dolls snick” she spits the raisin at Jason’s face and walks away with a clan of girls following her. “What happened to your sister Matt?” Josh asks “I dunno bro” Matt replies. “Who’s your sister?” I ask Matt “Alice” he replies. ALICE! Alice is Matt Parker’s sister.

I walked into the library with the others, Koa runs up to Jason and kiss’ him they start talking. I spot Alice in the fictional section trying to find a book. Jason and Koa walk up to her, so I follow. I watch as Matt walks out of the library. I try to follow him till Tyson stops me “don’t worry bro, he doesn’t like hanging out with his sister”. I sit opposite Alice wanting to watch her, admire her, wanting to apologies. She starts her homework I watch as her hands move rapidly across the paper. She looks up at me so I smile wanting to apologies now, the words are stuck; they don’t want to come out.  I break eye contact with her, regretting it once I do it. I watch Koa and Jason making-out next to me, wanting it to be Alice and me. I watch her again till she looks up at me, “need help?” I ask “nahh I’m all cool” she whispers.  The bell rings and I walk out of the library with Tyson. “So is Alice your cuz?” “yeh” he replies.

 All my five periods fly past easily. I wanted to have English so bad today because I sit next to Alice. When I walk home I realise Alice is walking behind me. I turn around and watch as her light brown eyes shine in the sunlight, she’s like a god come down from heaven. I smile at her and turn back. After some time I look back again wanting to apologies so bad, but I don’t. When we reach our houses she says “bye” to me and that’s when guilt creeps in. I get a juice from the fridge and then go and pick up my sister. When I walk into my bathroom I look out the window…… Alice she’s in a towel. She turns around to see me watching her; she blushes and walks out the toilet. I feel awkward, I feel like I’m stalking her. But all I want to do is talk to her and apologies.