"Evangelique, don't drive me towards insanity untill I will not be able to regain myself for your salvation. I do not want to ruin what we currently have built between us," he said slowly, making sure each and every word sank into me.

Drive him to insanity? What was I doing? I was just uncomfortable aand trying to adjust myself on his lap. HIS LAP!

Holy hell! Why didn't I realise that my innocent, unintentional actions would mean a whole other thing to him and he would have a whole other reaction to them. He is a man after all. No, I shall rephrase he is so much more male, virile and manly than the other men I know off.

He leaned into me, pressed his cold cheek against mine that was radiating heat from all the blood rush.

"I'm going to let go of my grip, stay calm and don't run because if I have to come and catch hold off you, the outcome wouldn't be of something that's in your favour," he's deep voice whispered near my ear.

His warm breath that fanned my sensitive neck area caused goosebumps to spread throughout my entire body.

His grip slowly loosened around me and completely freed me from his bond. I felt the relief of proper blood flow around that area now that his iron grip was gone.

He leaned back into his chair and took a good look at me while I slowly melted under his solid gaze.

"Your medications," he whispered.

He leaned forward pressed his hand against my back and he moved further in front to reach for something on the table.

I was slightly tilted backwards trying to work with him and giving him the space that he needed to move around. I knew for sure that his hand on my back was enough for me support to keep me from falling.  But yet I decided to grip onto his biceps and feel them flex under my grip.

Once he relaxed into an upright position, "Here," he said as he held my right hand in his and placed the medications on my palm.

He was holding a bottle of water in his hands that I took from him to swallow down my medications.

We sat there, close together despite me done taking my medications. Just looking at each other, observing every feature as though we had never seen a species as rare as a human in our lives before.

We broke our gazes as a knock on the door was heard. His hands instantly wrapped around me and pulled me closer to him in protection as if he was going to loose me.

Georgyana walked in to clear the food and take away the table. For some deranged reason, I felt shy with someone being around while me and him were so intimate with each other.

Seeing the change of expression on my face, he gave a proud smirk, knowing that he was the cause of that look on my face.

The back of his fingers brushed my cheek and lingered around my neck.  

"Evangelique, I'm going to go get ready for bed. You should do the same," he said with a wink and a sweet smile.

Oh my god! He just winked at me. I smiled back warmly at the fact that he was carefree. 

He carried me off him and I winced at his sudden action and the fact that how effortlessly he manages to carry me.

"I'll be back," he said once he sat me down on the bed.

He traced his fingertip from the bottom of my neck right to the top leaving goosebumps and electrifying sensations all over me. He eyed me closely one last time and left.

I looked at my knotted hands in my lap. I started smiling and giggling. What was wrong with me? Why was I acting like this?

"Evane, dear, I have never seen you looking more prettier than now, when you're happy and cheerful. I hope you remain like this always if not even more jovial and joyful," she held my hand in hers and said.