Chapter Three

Ryou's POV
I can't tell any sort of time anymore. I feel like I have been wandering for days but for all I know I have been walking for only a couple minutes. Either way, as I continued on and on with my walking, I felt my will begin to slowly and slowly dwindle. I was sick of the color purple and sick of emptiness. Things were getting so bad that I was beginning to hallucinate.

One time I thought I saw Yugi, Joey, Teá and Tristan. When I got closer to them they just faded away into the purple abyss and I was left alone and with broken hopes.

After walking for what felt like a week, I finally stopped. I didn't want to continue. The more I walked the more depressed I became. This field of loneliness was making everything difficult. I just wanted to sit and see if anything would ever change. If time really never passed would I age? Maybe I would die after time went on. Or I would disappear like my hallucinations, forgotten in the emptiness.

I closed my eyes and just remained motionless. No reason to move and some time ago I realized I don't even need to breathe anymore. I looked like a dead corpse that everyone hated and so left to rot. I only wish that were the case. Anything would be better than this hell.

Melvin's POV
I grumbled as I walked through the never ending purple abyss. It had been a while since I visited this hell hole and thought why the hell not. Now, being back here, I remember why I never liked visiting here. The sheer vast size of the Shadow Realm was so unthinkable that it was impossible for anyone who was banished here to find any other living soul. Lucky for me, I can come and go whenever the fuck I want.

It isn't like this wasn't my home for a good long millennium before the item I lay dormant in was discovered by the incredibly stupid Marik Ishtar. The fool is so dumb that he has no idea I even exist within him. Whenever I decide to come out he never has a single clue when I allow him to take back the control of his body.

The only reason I have not banished the fool here is because I do not wish to waste any of my time doing the boring work myself. Only when I need the fun or see that something interesting is happening is when I will normally step in.

My reasoning for being here now? Well, Marik had met some albino British bastard and I'd rather not have to witness any of the cringe. He reminded me of someone. Potentially from my past, before the millennium item. Seeing him angered me, more then anyone else Marik has associated with. I don't know why. It did make me laugh though when he said his name was Florence. Such a girly name.

How long have I been walking for anyways? Can never tell when time has no place in this realm.

I scanned the vast purple void, its hypnotic trance no longer taking affect on me. As always, there was no one in sight.

Wait...

I squinted my eyes and saw in the distance...something.

"Hello?" I called out. The thing I saw didn't move. Curiosity consuming my body, I moved towards the thing and as I got closer I saw that it was the outline of a person huddled on the ground. A familiar person.

Once I got close enough I growled in frustration and anger. "Damn it, Florence. I thought you were someone new." I huffed and turned away from him and was about to walk off. It was bad that I had said his name when he had yet to see me. I had to make sure I was gone before he began to ask questions. Couldn't have my existence known to Marik yet.

However, I stopped when I heard an innocent voice say, "Who is Florence?"

I turned back around and realized this was not who I thought it was. If it was, then Florence had really let himself get soft. No. This couldn't be him. Though he looked sweet and innocent, his eyes had no emotion. He looked lost and dead to the world.