Chapter 3: Who am I?

I woke up with a massive headache. I look around and realize I'm in a hospital bed. I could see Kylie asleep in the couch just next to the bed. She looked so innocent when she slept. The clock read 3:30 as I struggle to a comfortable position. Kylie awoke with sleepy eyes but was immediately woken up when she saw I was awake.

"Quinn!" She runs over to the right side of the bed and takes my hand. "I'm glad you're finallly awake" I could see a small tear escape as she looked at me. I smiled and brushed the tear from her face.

"How long was I out?" She sniffled and wiped her eyes before she answered.

"About three days, I was worried you'd never wake up"

The look of sympathy she had on her face made it impossible to think she didn't care about me. Even though I've been through a lot in my life she was the only one who was there though it all. I broke out of my daze when I heard the door open.

"Mr. Madison it's nice to see you up" A man in a white lab coat and short black hair walked in,  I assumed was the doctor, and my mother trailing along behind him. My Mom ran up and hugged me but I flinched because of the pain in my neck. She quickly let go and backed away like I had some sort of contagious disease. The doctor had a serious face as he examined me with his eyes. "There's a important matter we must speak of...family only"

Kylie nodded noticing that it was her sign to leave. I shifted in the bed. My mom looked tired. She had bags under her eyes and she looked pale. I felt like this was all my fault. If my own son attempted suicide I would be stressed out too. Kylie closed the door behind her and I could feel the air in the room change feeling.

"Mr. Madison, we took some test while you were unconscious to get a look at the oxygen in your brain. We found some.....differences in your brain structure." Fear consumed me as he continued to explain what he meant. he then showed me the x-ray. I saw a black spot on the right side of my brain. My first though was holy crap it's a tumor and I have cancer. 

"We grew concerned about this and looked at a regular x-ray of a brain....then we compared it with the x-ray of your father and the results were....shocking" I tried to swallow the lump in my throat that had formed. "The mass that is in your brain was also in your father's" I could see the horror on my mother's face but, the doctor wasn't done talking. 

"We have done some research and still are and realized what the mass is" I held my breath "the mass is a type of brain disease that is very rare...it's mostly found in serial killers...like your father." I heard a cry coming from my mother she ran out of the room with her face in her skinny pale hands. The site of my mother like this broke my heart.

I looked at the doctor. "What can you do about this?" He sighed probably trying the find the right words and looked at me.

"Well nothing, the disorder may show up like your father or you can live a completely normal life and show no signs of it." I had a blank look on my face. It was true ignorance is bliss. The doctor eventually walks out and leaves me alone. I sit in silence for what feel like forever.

"Great news huh?" I look up to find Kylie looking at me. My hands are shaking and I don't know what to say. I don't want to grow to be a serial killer like my dad that's the last thing I want.

Kylie stayed with me the whole day until I went home a week later. I gathered all my clothes in a bag and got to talk to the doctor before I left.

I walked into my house and I felt like i wasn't supposed to be here. I ran up the stairs into my room and closed the door. I looked around my room and noticed my ceiling fan was no longer there. A sigh came from me as I layed in my bed. So I´m a lot like dad. A tear came from my right eye as the thought came to me. I didn't want to leave my Mom like my Dad did and the thought of that happening make me cry more.

I laud in bed the whole day not wanting to talk to anyone. I knew something was wrong because even my music didn't appeal to me. I eventually drifted off to sleep with my face looking through my bedroom window.

I was in a field. It looked like the middle of no where. I've seen this before. My Dad would bury his victims here. Right when the thought came to me I saw a dark figure with a object in it's hand. It was digging. I hid in the tall grass so it wouldn't see me. I got a little closer and saw the person. It was me. But I didn't look like me I looked crazy, sick. Eventually the person I left in a truck and I walked over to the open hole in the ground. I thought I was gonna barf. My mom was in the hole dead with a horrified look on her face. i woke up sweating and heavily breathing. It was pitch black out side. The nightmare that continues to circle my mind with only one thought left. I won't be a monster.