Babe

Once I arrived at my first class, I was greeted by Sarah, who I share this class with.  "What took you so long? It doesn't take that long to grab something from your locker," she says raising her eyebrow at me. 

"Principal McNeal wanted me to show the new kid to his locker and classes," I reply while pulling out my notebook and pen. Sarah squealed.

"Omg! You met the new boy! Was he cute or hot? What was he like? What was his name? What..." 

"Sarah," I groaned. "Stop asking me so many questions. His name is Hunter. I didn't pay much attention to how he looked, but you can see for yourself during lunch." She sighed and was about to say something but was interrupted by the teacher walking in.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Class is finally over and I'm off to second period. I walk in and sit in the back row. None of my friends share this class with me so it's pretty boring. I lean down to get my pencil out of my bag and hear someone sit down beside me. When I look over, I see Hunter sitting beside me. I role my eyes and get out my sketch book. I decide to start drawing a new picture of a black rose. As I start drawing, I hear someone clear their throat. I look to the side to see Hunter smirking at me.

"Hey babe. Miss me?" he says smugly.

"I told you not to call me babe," I say with a scowl on my face.

"Too bad babe cuz I think it suits you." I groan as he continues to smirk. Why does he have to pester me? 

I decide to ignore him and focus back on my drawing. He chuckles at me but doesn't say anything else. Soon the teacher walks in and I begin to copy down the notes from the board. Shortly after class began, Hunter began poking me. I tried to ignore him, but he began to poke my side harder with his finger.

"What!?!" I exclaim in a whisper. Hunter, instead of answering my question, acts as if he was paying attention and not poking me. I groan.

"Miss Taylor," the teacher, Miss Grant, says sharply. "Would you like to explain why you are groaning in the middle of my class?"

I blush as I stutter out, "S-sorry, I didn't mean to. I won't happen again."

"It better not," Miss Grant says then goes back to teaching. I shrink down into my chair and glare at Hunter who is silently laughing at me.

As soon as class is over, I rush out of the classroom and to my next class.

__________________________________________________________________________

Soon it's lunch time and I meet my friends at our lunch table. We are soon engrossed in conversation when suddenly Sarah squeals and discretely points behind me.

"Look it's Hunter, and it looks like he is coming over here!" she exclaims. I quickly hide behind my hair hoping he won't see me, but it was too late and he sits down right beside me. 

"Hey babe," he says to me before greeting everyone else. I blush as Sarah and Cassie raise their eyebrows at me but say nothing about it as they introduce themselves. Once Hunter has met my friends, they all start talking but I ignore them while glaring at Hunter.  He is so irritating! Why did he have to call me babe in front of my friends? Most importantly though, why did I blush? I finish my lunch and excuse myself and go to the library to get myself a new book to read.

_____________________________________________________________________________

The rest of the day goes by quickly, although Hunter is in most of my classes. Finally it is time to go home. I meet my brother at his car and we arrive home shortly after. I go upstairs to my room, do homework, and read my book. I go to bed around 11:00 wondering what tomorrow will bring and if Hunter will continue to annoy me.

Hey! Sorry for mot continuing my story sooner, but I finally updated. I will try to update much more often. Thank you so much for reading. 

~Love Kayla