Chapter:3

The weekend was interesting enough without Jackson having to trick me into going down Copperhead Road. This morning he spotted me on my best friend's tailgate and stalked over. He had a limp like I knew he would. He grabbed my face holding my jaw tight. I spotted Josh across the parking lot with a menacing glare on his face. He looked like he was about to storm over and punch the crap out of Jackson.

"You shouldn't of taken me where I didn't want to go." I told him. He released his grip and slapped me hard across the face. I told myself to keep calm before I tightened my fist and shoved it into his nose. I told him to not mess with me again and walked away from his butt. To be honest I don't like him at all. Especially now when he's trying to get me to kiss him between classes all day long. Thankfully this class is the last of the day.

I slammed my journal closed before shoving it in my bag and getting my other out with the topics from last week. The class was now empty thanks to the bell. "Blaze you wanna go do something tonight?" Jackson asked as I set my journal on the teacher's desk. "I'm sorry I didn't turn it in Friday. I accidentally wrote a completely different topic then my friend told me the right topic after class." I lied.

"You know that's fifteen points off your journal grade don't you?" He said. "Yes sir. I'll try better to get the right topic written every day this week." I said. I was told the topic for this class before lunch so I scribbled down what I thought of it and was done with it. When he dismissed me I left the class ignoring Jackson. "Blaze." He yelled. I didn't acknowledged him.

I reached my friend's jeep and got in after putting my sunglasses on. "Let's get out of here." I said. We did just that. She dropped me off at home. My dad's truck unusually in the drive. I went in and locked myself in my room for the rest of the night until dad left. I never was associated with that scum. Then five years ago my brother. I never associate myself with scum even if they are family.

My grandfather is the same way. I heard the rumble of the black truck's engine. I jumped off my bed and peaked out my window as it stopped in front of my house. Uh oh. Looks like someone's out for blood. I backed away from my window as the legendary John Lee the third got out. I went back to my homework. "Christina get your arse out here." Dad yelled.

I didn't move. I looked back out the window seeing his brothers standing outside the door. "Christina Blaze get your f***ing a** out of your room." Dad yelled once more. If he wants to have a temper I've got a worse one. I unlocked my door jerking it open. "I've got homework it's either your fault or that son of yours fault for them being her. I'm not associated with you or what you do." I told him.

"Outside now." He said pointing to the backdoor where I knew two more Pettimores were waiting. "Yeah. I've stopped listening to you when you and that brother of mine ran off." I said before going back to my room. I locked the door once more after slamming it closed. I sank to the floor keeping my weight on the door. Dad then opened the front door. I could hear boots on the tile floor.

They passed my room to the one next to mine. The door was thrown open slamming into the wall. I could hear my dad in the living room talking with John Lee Pettimore. "No I didn't. I need the money and would never steal from you. I only saw five dozen jars." Dad said. "There were seven dozen jars waiting to be transported." John said. I quickly moved from my door and into my closet.

The door was broken off the hinges. I huddled behind a wall of clothes. The door opened. Then shuffling of clothes. I was in the corner. I felt a hand on my ankle before being dragged out. I didn't know who had grabbed me until I was up against the wall held there by nothing but raw muscle and bone. The eyes were all too familiar. "How was school today?" He whispered in my ear. A heat formed between my legs.

He was there all day long. He knows how it went in most of my classes. "It's school we go to it five days a week, whether we like it or not." I said. "I'd watch the smart mouth sweetheart." He said holding me a little tighter against the wall. "What smart mouth?" I asked. "The one your not using at the moment." He whispered. I gulped.

"Scared?" He asked. "Not of you." I said. "But everyone has a fear of the name Pettimore." He said quietly. I wanted to move away from the wall. "You must have a wild side. Not many women have one." He whispered. He lifted me up higher pressing his hips into me while loosening his hand grip. "I've got something I've been needing to ask you." He said. "Josh." John yelled. "Will you go to dinner with me Friday night? I want an answer by Wednesday our fist class together." He said before setting me down and leaving.

I went to the window and watched as he went to one of two black dodges. Then was gone. I barely registered the question by the time he was out the door. He asked me to go to dinner with him Friday night. Once both trucks were gone I realized that a Pettimore boy had just asked me out! That rarely happens in this town! With only seven left single it's extremely rare now.