iv. cruelties of mankind

· 。゚☆: *.
BEAUTIFUL CRIME   
»»————- act one. a hero's journey
CHAPTER FOUR ━━ cruelties of mankind

 a hero's journey CHAPTER FOUR  ━━ cruelties of mankind

ᵒ .༄ ࿐ ࿔* 🌊♟💦
♯ ❝LET ME BE OF SERVICE! ❞ 
⋆⋅ ━━━━ ‧ ༻✩༺ ‧ ━━━━ ⋅⋆ 

MAGGIE FELT SURPRISINGLY AT EASE INSIDE THE CIA FACILITY DESPITE THE DUBIOUS looks she had gotten over time from many agents that wandered around the halls, snickering with each other like little school girls. The sudden drastic turn of events in her life made the brunette wonder why she tried to hide her true self in the first place. But she blamed it on not knowing there were more people like her.

She was hiding from the world, but she was lying to herself. It left her bitter to think that the opinions of others had mattered so much to her. And the idea that they all dared to look at her as if she was any less than them made her angry. They looked at her like she was the gum on their shoes. But she was also conflicted in her views because over time she had met decent people who respected her. They might not have known what she was truely capable of or that she wasn't normal at all but she often wondered how they would have reacted if she had the guts to spill her secret.

She refrained herself from doing so after one hurtful encounter in the dinner she worked before Charles and Erik found her. She remebered the utter disgust on the face of a young couple as they decided to start up a conversation about a mutant girl they came across.

The way they talked about that girl was just dehumanizing and it was hard for Maggie to control her anger at that moment. So she pulled her lips in a thin line and furiously wipped the counter clean trying to block it out.

Now the brunette's youthful spirit seemed to be awakened again by the mere mention of saving the world, like she always dreamed of. And now that Charles and Erik started to bring in more mutants, Maggie was curious to see what for abilities they possesed. After thinking there were so few of them it was a true revelation for her. There were more mutants around than one would think, hiding in fear of judgement.

Maggie was quick to explore the facility as much as she could. If she was to stay her for a long period of time, she wanted to know the place inside out. Paranoia was a habit she had quickly formed from being on the run for most of her life. It was drilled in her head like a mantra that everything that seemed remotly good never lasted. There were people out there who wanted nothing more than bring her down.

They had taken her ability to trust easily away from her. When she was young she was naive of people's intentions having her heart broken more times than she could count. But whith her abilities going haywire back when she was ten showed that people didn't like different. They hated different.