Chapter Six

Josh's POV

It's been a week and im settled into teaching these adolescent kids. Tyler hasn't been at school since he ran out...where is he? Is he okay?

I sit at my desk waiting for student's to arrive when my phone rings.

"Hello?"  I say.

"Hello Mr. Dun, its Sue from the office."

"Oh hey what's up?"  I reply.

"Can you please come to the office? I will fill you in with what's going on about the parent teacher interviews."

"Sure thing, I'll be there in a sec."  I get up and leave.

Tyler's POV

I walk into class hoping Mr. Dun doesn't talk to me again. He is so hot but I can't let him get close to me! He will hurt me...

"Hey fag come here" I hear someone yell as I walk in.

Next thing I know im on the ground with a bloody nose. See? Everyone wants to hurt me...

"Sorry I am la-" Mr. Dun stops mid-sentence when he sees me bleeding on the ground.

"Tyler...are you okay?" everyone is dead silent.

I get up and run to the bathroom. No one can hurt me in there.

Josh's POV

Tyler once again ran out. I assume he has gone home again. What's up with him? He sure hate staying in class! I sit at my desk reviewing the interview times when the bell rings. Its lunchtime already? I get up to go to the bathroom.

As I step into the bathroom and notice a razor on the sink and a light trail of blood leading to one of the cubicles...surely I didn't walk into what I think I walked into...? I decide to use the toilet before confronting the situation. As I finish and step out I see the razor is gone and the cubicle is empty. I should have asked if the kid was okay...I feel a wave of guilt wash over me.

I walk into my classroom with Taco Bell when I see a boy in the corner, breathing unevenly. I sit my Taco Bell down and walk over to the hooded figure. It's Tyler. Tyler sit's unevenly breathing, like he just had a panic attack.

"What are you doing in here?" I ask as Tyler flinches.

I sit next to Tyler as he shakes.

"Do you have anything to eat for lunch?" I ask, he is very thin.

Tyler shakes his head. Why does he look so petrified?

I get up and grab my Taco Bell. Good thing I order heaps of food!

"Here" I offer a burrito to the scared boy.

He looks up at me with wide eyes and take's my offer with a small thanks. We sit in silence while we eat.

"So Tyler, why are you looking like a panic attack just happened?" I ask.

Tyler tenses up and slowly whisper's "S-someone nearly f-found o-out my s-secret."

"Is it a good or bad secret?" I ask, praying that it's just a small secret like his crush or something.

"Bad..." Tyler says.

"What happened to your eye?" I ask as Tyler swallows, hands shaking with fear.

"I-I got p-punched...by s-someone b-bad...very b-bad..." he looks down at his burrito and sighs.

I decide to change the subject because I don't want to take any chances of Tyler running away.

"So I was told there are parent teacher interview's tomorrow, are your parents going?" I ask.

He sigh's again, "M-my d-dad..."

"Is your mom working or something?" I ask.

Tyler looks at me with tear filled eye's and says his mother died when he was four.

"Oh shit-I mean ahhh...damn im sorry...please don't tell anyone I just swore! Im really sorry to hear about your mom" I say in panic.

"I won't...anyway..." Tyler says wanting to change the subject.

I get up and offer Tyler a Pepsi which he gladly takes. The bell sounds and Tyler says bye. I just had lunch with my overly attractive student...wow Josh!