“Mhm. Do you want it or not?” He reached behind his back, probably to pull it out of a pocket or something.

“Uh, I—”

“Here,” he said, holding out his hand. Resting on it was a black contraption, in an obvious L shape, with an obvious trigger button.

I stared at it. Holy fudge, it was real. Holy fudging fudge Zayn had a gun.

He moved closer to me, whispering into my ear, “It’s not real.”

I let out a giant breath of relief knowing that, but I still felt hesitant to touch it. “It’s alright,” I breathed, “I think I’ll pass.”

I lifted my head slightly above the hood of Zayn’s car to continue my spying on Landon. My eyes darted to his car on the far side of the school parking lot. He wasn’t leaning on it anymore. Not just that; he was not there anymore. “Holy fudgesicles.”

“Excuse me?” Zayn asked through his chuckles.

“I lost him!” I whisper screeched.

“If I may ask, who exactly did you lose?”

“Landon!” I whispered. “Holy shit I lost him!”

A corner of Zayn’s lips tilted up. “You think Landon’s the criminal? Why are you so sure it’s him?”

“Because he’s creepy!”

“Who’s creepy?” a familiar voice spoke, and it wasn’t Zayn.

I screamed, grabbing Zayn’s gun and pointing it at Landon.

Eyes wide, Landon froze, holding his hands out in front of him. “Whoa, whoa, whoa. Now wait a second, Vi.”

Zayn’s lips pulled up into a full blown smirk as he leaned casually against his car. “This should be interesting.”

My confidence was also boosted a bit. Landon seemed to be very afraid of the fake gun I was holding. With the slip of a finger, I flipped the safety off, hoping to freak him out a bit more.

A chuckle from Zayn.

More glaring from me.

“Where’d you get the gun?” Landon asked cautiously.

I only narrowed my eyes, intensifying the glare aimed at Landon. I almost laughed. Since when was I so dramatic?

“Er, okay . . . why are you pointing it at me?” His eyes held mine. Suddenly, I could see a hint of unexplained confidence in them—a hint of confidence that was raising the fear in mine.

“I know who you are,” I deadpanned.

Landon smiled. It wasn’t his usual friendly smile, though. It was an eerie smile. One that sent a lightning bolt of shudder-evoking electricity through my spine. “Of course you do. I’m Landon. We met at Nick’s party. Vi, did you hit your head or something?” His hand reached out toward my forehead. “I’m starting to get a little concer—”

Landon’s hand never reached my forehead—it had frozen in mid air—because Zayn’s hand had latched onto his arm, holding it back. “Alright pup, that’s close enough.”

Landon sent a glare Zayn’s way. “Dude—”

“Vi, get in the car.”

I furrowed my eyebrows. “But we have class. I can’t miss school—”

Zayn’s head whipped toward me. His solid gaze frightened me. “Get. In. The—”

“I’m going! I’m going!” I quickly scrambled for the car door and flung myself into the passenger’s seat. Immediately, I redirected my gaze to the duo, who seemed to be in a heated argument. I cracked the car door slightly open, inconspicuously straining my ears to hear what they were saying.

Zayn was holding Landon by the clenched material of his shirt. “—ucking idiotic dickhead,” Zayn was saying. “Can you do anything right?”

The smirk that grew on Landon’s face reminded me of the clown in my dream a few nights ago. Creepy and unforgiving. Nothing like the Landon I thought I knew. “It’s not my fault you weren’t trusted enough to carry this out on your own.”

Trusted by who? To carry what out?

“And it won’t fucking be my fault when you accidentally get a bullet lodged in your small intestine.” Zayn shoved Landon against a nearby truck, and his voice stepped down a notch in volume. “She trusts me more.”

She as in me? Uh huh, no, I was not a part of this.

“I promise you, that will change.”

“Your voice is confident, but your eyes cower in fear. You know the power I have. You know what I can do. You do one more stupid-ass thing, and I will not hesitate to kill you.”

I gulped. That was some scary ass speech on Zayn’s part. I quickly smoothed down my hair and shut the car door when I saw him walking over. He climbed in to the driver’s side. The engine started with a roar, making me jump.

 turned back to where he and Landon were standing before. Landon was gone.

I shifted my attention to the front again. “Zayn, where are we going?”

“Away from here.”

I nodded, feigning satisfaction. “Great. Thank you. Very informative answer.”

“Welcome, Sweetcheeks.” His hand reached over and patted my thigh. “You have the fake gun?”

“Yeah, here.” I handed it to him. It had been resting safely in the back pocket of my jeans.

“Good,” he said, snapping the safety back on, “because it’s not fake.”

---------------------

Dun dun dun.

And to think she was sitting on the gun.. 0.o

Let me know what you think! Please vote and send me a comment :)

-Dream