|2|

Ezekil stepped into the fairly large living room. He pulled his hood from over his head. "A nigga finally touched down"Desmond smiled holding his hand out for dap. Ezekil smoothly slapped his hand away from him

"Nah I ain't fucking with you like that."he pushed past Desmond. He wasn't fucking with nobody for that matter.

"So it's like that?"Desmond questioned holding his hands up. Everyone was watching the two.

Ever since they were young the two were close like brothers so to see Ezekil snapping like this was crazy.
Ezekil hasn't even gotten a good look at who all came before some shit started.

"You damn right it's like that. I ain't fucking with none of y'all phoney mother fuckers"he stated boldly. He wanted everyone to know. He wasn't the type to sugar code shit. They fucked him over so it was fuck them. Regardless how anyone felt about it.

He looked around for his boys. Everyone was watching him. His additude was a surprise. He looked down the hallway and he seen Cynthia coming from the bedroom with Emmanuel. He smiled as he watched his son walk hand in hand with his mom.

"Manny look!" Cynthia placed her hand on Emmanuel back. Five year old Emmanuel looked straight ahead seeing his father.

Ezekil squauted down as Emmanuel ran into his arms. It was the best feeling ever.

Ezekil showered Emmanuel with kisses all over his face. His nails clung into the fabric from Ezekil hoodie. A few of his aunts stood around in awe. Little Emmanuel wouldn't stop crying and it made Ezekil feel bad for missing out on his son life.

Ka'nomi shut the backdoor shut. She had to step out and get some fresh air. Everyone was nerve racking asking her this that and the third. She didn't fool with these people on a regular bases so she wasn't telling them nothing.

She unzippered her jacket still able to feel the draft from the cold September weather. Elias went running off into the living room most likely to find his brother..

"Chile pass me a paper plate"one of Ezekil aunts asked. Ka'nomi reached behind her grabbing the plate off the table with all the other utensils.

"Thank you" she only gave her a closed mouth smile as she walked back into the packed living room.

There wasn't as much chatter going on as there was fifteen minutes ago. Most people attention was towards the long narrow hallway near the staircase.

Ka'nomi frowned when she noticed her boys wasn't in eye sight. She looked around before maneuvering through the people.

"Where ya mom?"she could hear. When she heard it she knew exactly who it was. Ezekil had a unique voice. He had a smooth voice but a very thick Bronx accent.

She was scared. She hasn't seen Ezekil since his first visitation.  She would bring her cousin with her and he would take the boys in the visitation room.

Ka'nomi felt like she had no reason to see him. They were a done deal. Here she was two years later in the same room as him.

Ezekil stood up letting Elias out of his arms. His jeans hung a little low around his waist.

"Where ya mom at?" He asked Elias.
"I dunno"he shrugged with a cheesy smile. When Ezekil finally looked up everyone seemed be to minding their business.

"Hey..."Ezekil looked over his shoulder thinking it was a family member but it was Ka'nomi. He had to do a double take. A small smile appeared on his face but, it went as quick as it came.

"Wassup?"he hesitated giving her a side hug. Nothing too special. She was just his baby mama.

"I should be asking you that"she took a step back.

"I'm straight. You about to leave or sum?"he asked. Ka'nomi was holding the boy's coats in her hand

"I was. You know I don't fool with your peoples like that-"

"Damn I don't even get a solid half an hour to catch up with my young boys?"Ezekil kissed his teeth.

"We can hang out somewhere but I'm not staying here"she said letting it be known.

Ezekil nodded his head. He wasn't feeling his family either so he didn't mind leaving.

"Emmanuel come on"Ka'nomi instructed. Elias followed behind him.

"Yall leaving already?" One of Ezekil cousins Tasha asked. Ka'nomi kept quiet Tasha irked her last nerve.

Tasha caught on to her additude. She didn't care for Ka'nomi either.
The boys were saying their bye's. Ezekil and Ka'nomi stood by the door. He couldn't help but to stare at her. Her physical appearance changed so much,for the better. You could tell by her demeanor she was on her boss status.

10 minutes later

.....

"So where exactly are we going to go?" She asked dryly.  Ka'nomi had to get comfortable around him all over again.

Neither of them were the same person they was two years ago. Ka'nomi was on a whole new wave and Ezekil was changing his ways of life.

"I don't know did y'all eat yet?"

There was no way in he'll Ka'nomi was touching Ezekil mother food.
She shook her head no. She didn't want to go out to eat though. She had something in mind like an arcade or a park so he could interact with the kids.

"I'm cool with where ever y'all like to eat"Ezekil said shifting in his seat. He looked back at the boys. Emmanuel was reading a book while Elias was watching him intensely.

"Damn they got big, it's crazy mane" he smiled to his self.

"Mhhm"Ka'nomi agreed looking in the rear view mirror.
"He in school yet?"

"Yeah. He just started kindergarten and Elias still in pre school with his little  bad self"she laughed lightly. She looked over her shoulder before she switched into the left driving lane.

"He bad huh?"Ezekil asked as if he didn't believe it.

"Tsk... This little boy done drew all over my walls,he gets into everything like it's his job."

"Damn, how you been?"he asked placing his hand over her hand. Ezekil meant nothing by it but, Ka'nomi moved her hand away.

"I been fine..."she lied. She wasn't about to spill all the beans like that.

"You sure?"Ezekil asked. He knew Ka'nomi all too well. You could tell she was stressed as if it was written all over her face.

"Positive. What are your plans though?"Ka'nomi quickly switched the subject.

Rain began pouring down beating on her candy red Challenger.

"I'm not sure yet but I do know this time imma make the right decisions.

Ka'nomi smiled nodding her head. Hopefully he was going to follow through with his word cause if he went back to jail she wasn't taking the boys to see him. He was just shit out of luck.