Author's Note

Hello everyone! I know I normally don't put an author's note at the beginning of my stories, but I feel like this time it's needed! It's been... well, a while since I posted the note in Kiss Me, I'm Irish. I promised this story was going to be up by June. Well, as we all can see, that didn't happen.

A good portion of May and June I spent bouncing between my home in Michigan and Kentucky where my grandfather was living. He was very sick (and had been for a long time, despite attempting to hide it), and he passed at the end of June from several forms of cancer. Understandably so, a lot of my free time was spent helping my mother help him in his last weeks, and sort through his things after he passed. Writing fell by the wayside once again.

I think things may be getting back to normal again, and I finally finished up the first chapter (and part of the second) of this story.

Now, I will warn you... this story is going to be quite a bit different than its predecessor. We're no longer dealing with two teenagers. Artemis and Diana are both university students now, so they're life is quite different now. Not to mention they've been together a while now. Granted, that doesn't mean there will be any particularly "adult" scenes (mainly because I absolutely cannot write one that doesn't sound like garbage no matter how hard I try).

At any rate, I have this story outlined pretty well, given that I am basing it off of an old story I wrote about eight or nine years ago. Some things have been changed for several reasons- different characters, different relationships, some different plot points, a lot of plot holes in the original (because 15 year old me wasn't as skilled at writing as 24 year old me)- so it's still giving me a challenge. The first few chapters are going to be less intense or seemingly unimportant  as the rest, but I swear it'll get better. It's setting something up.

It's been so long since I have written Diana. I've missed her, although I feel incredibly rusty writing her. I've written Artemis A LOT since I finished KMII, and I don't foresee that ever changing, so writing him the brief bit I do in the first chapter wasn't so bad.

In a way, I almost feel like not being able to write for a bit and publishing the first chapter today was a good thing. After all, it IS Artemis' birthday. Happy birthday, Artemis! :)

Plus I figured if I posted it, you all could keep on me about actually writing and updating. Lord knows I need a push every now and again.

Special shout out to allyycatt  for making me several covers for this story! She's the best.

As always, most of these characters belong to Eoin Colfer- the author who has inspired me since day one. Once again, I can only hope to do justice to the characters of his I love so very much. I only own a handful of the characters in this story (I'd list them, but it may give some things away).

Anyways, enough of my rambling! Without further to do, I present to you The Luck of the Irish! :)