...01... The Art of Getting Fired

Start from the beginning

She wasn't even being paid for all she did!

She just stood there staring at her desk before the stench of the toilets brought her out of her reverie. She contemplated between voicing her complaints to the boss and sitting there waiting for the photographer to voice his complaints. Either way, she would be fired.

If she complained, she knew very well that her short-tempered nature would get to her and she would probably end up slapping the boss or snapping at him. If that photographer complained, the boss wouldn't even think twice before dragging her sorry-ass down the driveway and out the gate.

Who wants interns anyway? She tugged at her hair in frustration.

People like Hector Mazzini-- her boss-- who owned fashion companies like The Hector Factor didn't do internships. She was lucky she got a chance. She considered herself lucky because now she knew what went on within these multi-national brands. It's all about money. Skill was barely given any heed.

She could have sought for a paid job right away, but at each job interview, they had wanted to know if she had any experience in the field.

They wanted bold and youthful people to be the faces of their company. But they also wanted well-experienced people who could work like robots for a low salary. It was like asking for a twenty-three-year-old employee with fifty years of experience!

She shook her head at the ridiculousness. She could never understand their logic. Settling down on the chair, her mind began to think about all that had happened from the day she graduated.

With no success at acquiring a job, she had been wandering from place to place looking for a chance at an internship. She thought that would add up to her job experience. She even landed with opportunities at many well-flourished companies but each time, she ended up in a similar situation with the same consequence. Her being fired.

This was her fifth internship in the last one month. Fifth. She was yet to understand that losing her cool will never work in her favor. Each time, each single time she let her rage get to her. She hadn't even lasted for more than seven days at any company.

She had problems with everyone wherever she went. Either her boss--which was mostly the case everywhere-- or those stupid employees who thought they were a step above mere interns. But what most affected her career was her temper. She couldn't help it! She felt like her blood was at the boiling point every second. And that temper controlled her untamable mouth which spewed words that landed up against her favor.

So absorbed in her world, she didn't notice the tiny little peon heading over to her until she heard him land on the floor with a thud. Her eyes quickly darted over him as he struggled to lift his critically thin body up.

Pathetic! She commented internally as she looked at the squeaky little eighteen-year-old who was skilled in tumbling over the invisible items.

It was later that she saw the set of papers which he held in his extremely thin hands. Jumping up, she walked over to him and held out her hand. He tried to put his hand in hers to gather support but she was quick to pull it away.

Did he think I was trying to help him? She scoffed.

He looked confused for a second before he understood what she meant. She was never the one to help someone in such a situation. She wanted the sheets in his hand which was undoubtedly meant for her. After being so darn experienced in the 'getting- kicked-out' department, she had already assumed her time there was up.