:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 15] //A Vampire Romance//

ابدأ من البداية

"And the crosses?"

All three vampires laughed and I suddenly felt like an idiot for asking. Actually, I felt like an idiot for asking any of the questions. I knew I shouldn't believe the myths.

"That's just something the churches told everyone so more people would start going," Ayden told me, a wide grin on his face.

"How do you k-" I shut my mouth quickly. That would not be a question to ask. Why would I need to know how to kill a vampire? Why did I even think about asking that?

"Don't you want to know how we... feed?" Damian asked me, a serious expression on his face.

"I'm going to hazard a guess that you feed on humans."

Ayden raised an eyebrow. "You sound pretty calm. What's up with that?"

I shrugged. "If it was that horrible, wouldn't there be havoc and panic caused around here when you feed? It's a small town."

Ayden grinned. "That's true."

"We do feed on humans," Damian said, his mouth pressed into a straight line. "The reason there's no panic is because after we feed, our victim's memories from the past hour get erased."

"That's handy," I complimented with a small smile.

"Very," Ayden agreed with a smile.

Callie suddenly stood up. "I have to go."

"Where are you going?" I asked confused.

"I have a date," she responded with a grin. "But I need you to give me a ride, Ayden."

"Why can't you drive yourself?" Ayden complained, frowning at Callie.

"I forgot to put gas in my car," she admitted sheepishly, laughing slightly.

"Figures," Ayden muttered, standing up. "Well, sorry Maddie, but it seems this conversation is getting cut short."

"It's okay," I responded, standing up as well. "I guess I should get going home, anyways."

"Why don't you keep me company for awhile?" Damian asked, walking over to me and putting a hand on my shoulder. "If those two are leaving I'll be bored."

"Ayden, let's go!" I heard Callie scream from somewhere and I jumped. I hadn't even realized she left the room.

Ayden smirked. "Well you're welcomed to stay Maddie. But you two don't do anything too naughty while I'm gone."

I flushed red as Damian chuckled. "We'll try not to."

Ayden laughed and headed towards the living room exit. I turned to Damian and pushed a lock of hair behind my ear.

"Let's go to my room," Damian suggested, nodding towards the door.

"Okay," I agreed and followed Damian as he started for his room.

Damian switched on the light as we entered his room. The giant window allowed me to see the dark sky outside. I frowned. Was it going to storm today? I hoped not. I walked over to the large sound system and looked at it curiously.

"This must have cost a lot," I commented, raising an eyebrow at it.

"I suppose," came Damian's reply.

I traced my fingers over the buttons until I came to the play button. I hesitated for a moment before pressing play.

"THE BATTLE ENDS ON TOP OF HERE, THIS IS WHERE WE CONQUER FEAR!"

I jumped in surprise and covered my ears as the music burst out of the speakers at a deafening volume, frantically scanning the big black box for the volume. A white hand soon appeared in my vision and spun a small black knob. I could hear the volume lowering and I took my hands of my ears as my heartbeat started to slow.

"That scared me," I told him, letting out a slow breath.

He chuckled, his breath blowing gently at the side of my face. Was it illegal for his voice to sound so attractive? I felt a faint blush appear on my face. I reached out and pressed the next button on the stereo.

"I would swallow my pride, I would choke on the rinds, but the lack thereof would leave me empty inside."

I smiled in amusement and turned to Damian. "Screamo to oldie?"

Damian smiled mysteriously back, turning the stereo off. "When you've been alive for as long as I have, you get into all type of genres."

A quick flash of lightning flashed outside the window and a loud rumble of thunder startled me, making me gasp and put a hand over my heart. It just had to start storming didn't it?

"It's really cute how you're afraid of thunder."

I huffed, a blush appearing on my face. He said I was cute. I glowered at the window. "I'm not afraid of many things..."

He pushed the bangs out of my face and I felt my face heat up more. The weird feeling I had gotten early had returned too as I felt my stomach tighten.

"I'm glad that you stayed," Damian told me almost in a whisper, his hand now resting on my cheek.

"W-what do you mean?" I responded in the same tone.

I was very aware of his hand on my face. Too aware. My skin burned uncomfortably under where he touched, and my heart beat faster. I didn't even notice the thunder that rumbled.

Damian's expression suddenly looked pain, and I instantly regretted asking about it. His hand moved down to my chin, and tilted it upwards, making me look into his piercing blue eyes.

"Are you honestly not afraid of me?" he murmured, gazing intently at me.

"No," I told him confidently, wishing the pain was gone from his face. I reached up to his face and put my hand onto the side of it. "I don't find anything at all frightening about you... except maybe your taste in music."

Damian cracked a smile let go of my chin at the same time I pulled my hand away from his face. He pushed back another lock of hair that had fallen into my face.

"You know-"

A loud crash that literally shook Damian's house made my heat skip a beat. The lights flickered then went off. That was a loud crash of thunder. It almost sounded like an explosion. I walked over to the window and peered out, than I looked at Damian who gave me a tight smile. As he turned away from my face his look grew hard and angry and was illuminated by a flash of lightening. He strode to the door and paused with his hand on the knob.

"Stay here," he ordered while turning to give me a serious look before slipping out. He slammed the door behind him and I moved away from the window. I caught my breath as a crash of thunder brought the lights out.

I stood in the dark for at least five minutes, with the only light coming from flashes of lighting. I plugged my ears and faced the wall, humming to myself to keep the noise out. Where had Damian gone? Didn't he know it was rude to leave a guest alone? I focused on my thoughts to keep out everything else.

A hand on my shoulder filled me with relief. I turned around. "Where'd you go-" I froze in mid-word when I came face to face with a strange person. He had a handsome face. His curly brown hair was matted, and his face was all sweaty. And what was worse he was covered in blood.

********* click "open external link" at the right! You know you want to join my facebook page :D Good support for me x) and we can interact! ***********