1 ・ dylan o'brien

Start from the beginning

The stranger pulled her back up, the palm of her hands against his chest as his hands were firmly pressed on her back. Their eyes still locked on each other's. One of his friends, some guy clad in a leather jacket with a mop of curly hair on his head cleared his throat, snapping them out of the spell they had one another under. She pulled away from the stranger slowly. "Sorry about that, love. I should've been looking where I was going." The whiskey eyed boy smiled, his smile knee weakening.

"That was totally my fault. My apologies. Good thing I didn't have the milkshakes I was going to buy yet." She bit her lip, trying to hide the smile that was desperately trying to make its way onto her face and shook her head.

The boy chuckled, the sound nearly music to her ears. "Don't hide that beautiful smile you got there."

A blush heated her cheeks. For her this was all new. She was never nervous around guys. Usually, guys were at her feet, begging to take her out for the night in their in their cars as a way to impress her, but that's not what she cared about. She didn't care about what car a guy had or if he smoked cigarettes. It just didn't matter, she cared about personality. How smart he was, how funny he was, how kind he was.

Cody was none of those things.

"I'll, uh, I'll see you around." She said softly. The guys behind the gorgeous stranger walked ahead of him to find a seat. Y/N walked around him, going to order the milkshakes. The stranger followed behind his friends, but his eyes stayed on the girl he'd just caught in his arms as she walked over to the counter.

A voice called from up ahead. "Hey, Dyl." His attention went back to his friend, Tyler, to see him sitting in a booth, his arm resting on the table. Dylan adjusted the leather jacket he was wearing and took one last look at the girl before waking to the table and sitting next to Tyler and across from Daniel and Sprayberry. While the other three guys got into a conversation about this party they decided to crash and where the girls in their gang were at, Dylan kept his eyes on Y/N. He watched her walk back to her table with two milkshakes in hand, sitting next to her friend. He recognized her friend, but couldn't place where he'd seen her before.

Suddenly his eyes landed on one of the people he hated most in this world. Cody Christian, the primary leader of the Omegas. Dylan being the leader of the Alphas automatically made Cody Dylan's number one enemy. He had heard there was a secondary leader of their rival gang, a girl, Cody's girlfriend, but he'd only ever heard of her. His eyes followed Cody and saw him walking over to the girl he'd saved from falling angrily. He grabbed her wrist, yanking her up from her seat and began to say something but he couldn't make out what was being said.

Dylan sat forward, ready to beat him up if he so much as hurt her. He clenched his jaw, waiting for his queue to walk over there. The second he saw Cody pull his hand from her wrist and spotted a bruise, he stood up and stormed over to the girl's table. He put his hand on the small of her back and stepped in front of her, face to face with Cody.

"What are you doing here, you rat?" Cody seethed.

"I was just about to ask you the same thing, but you used better language than I was going to. Leave her alone, Cody."

"It's none of your business what happens to her, Dylan. What are you doing here anyway? This is my territory." Cody crossed his arms over his broad chest.

"Maybe this territory shouldn't have such garbage on the premises. I mean, it's a quality establishment. Wouldn't want your presence ruining that, would we?" Dylan smirked. Y/N's mouth parted in surprise at what the stranger she could now call Dylan had said to her gang's leader. Someone finally had the courage to say what she'd been wanting to say all this time and it was amazing to hear him get a taste of his own medicine.