Chapter 3 (Pic of Aleisha)

Hello Lovely Readers.

I'm So Sorry It Has Taken Me This Long To Update My Book, With The Other Chapters Being So Close Together. I Have Been Rather Busy, But I Will Do My Best To Update As Soon As Possible. And For Those Of You Who Have Already Read The Earlier Chapters, I Have Made A Few Changes In Each Chapter. Including A Pin Up Of Aleisha.

Thank You Again. Xx

- Emma ♡

(Sorry For Any Spelling/Grammar Mistakes)

...........................................................................................................................................

Chapter Three

Awakening

When the bell hit right on three O'clock I wasted no time in hurrying out of the stuffy building. The car park was filled with the hustle of impatient school children waiting for lifts or driving themselves home. Me on the other hand, made my way through the crowd and under the shade of an old gum tree. The leaves brushed down a cool wind to balance out the painful lashes of sun beating down on my neck and arms. I ignored the chatter and laughter of students as they passed me, burying my head in another thrilling, yet complex, novel. I couldn't help but feel as if they were laughing at me. Ever since my family moved here, we had been outsiders. The pack made it very difficult to accept us into their own, which made us feel even more neglected. We came here as rouges. Still are, after four years of attempting to settle down here. Zane and I had constantly bugged mom about moving towns but the pack had accepted her with welcome arms, giving her no reason to leave.

Something behind me snapped me out of my read, the hairs on the back of my neck standing on point. I couldn't recognise the smell from any wolf of the pack, but when I looked over my shoulder, there was nothing there. A ruffle of leaves snapped Lillian awake and she growled in fear. I snapped up the book, shoving it carelessly in my bag and walked towards the back of the school, bushes and shrubs marked off the schools border line and I sniffed it cautiously. A thick smell of rotting fish attacked my nose and I sneezed heavily. Something moved and I snapped my head up, looking for whoever was out there. The smell started to fade and within seconds, it was gone.

I slowly walked back to tree and say down again, crossing my legs underneath me. Whatever was out there wasn't good, and I knew it was still watching me. I looked over my shoulder again just to be sure that I wasn't imagining anything when a loud thud startled me from my search.

He sat down next to me and leaned forward, resting his arms up on his knees. A small, playful smirk lifted the corner of his mouth and his honey eyes sparkled brightly. Lillian started howling within me, trying to tell me something but I tuned her out.

"You know" he said "I still didn't get your name"

"You're still on that kick?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Yep" he smiled, the corner of his eyes creasing up and his eyes danced.

I narrowed my eyes at him, annoyed at how much he was getting to me and flung my bag onto my back. I ignored the light laugh he sent towards me and stood up.

"Where are you going?" he asked following suit.

"Home" I replied simply and started walking up the narrow pathway. The overgrown grass on either side of me tangled in my shoelaces and I sighed, untying it from my shoes.

"And how do you expect to do that? You catch the bus home?" he stepped to my side and held out a hand for me to take. I slapped away his hand and stood up, straightening down my black skirt.