Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Hidden.

The city lights faded out into one big blur in front of me, the tips of sunlight peering through the clouds and I groggily tried to keep myself awake. My brother, Zane, kept his firm grip on the steering wheel, the same as every other morning to drive me to school. He hated it. He didn't think it was necessary for me to attend a school so far away from home. Almost an hour to be exact.

"You know I never approved of this school" Zane reminded me, which wasn't his first time today.

"I know" I rolled my eyes and looked out the window "you always tell me this. Every morning. 'Its not my fault', 'I shouldn't have to drive you', 'what's wrong with a public school?'"

"Well I shouldn't!" He sighed "I never understood mom, she's always been so complicated"

"Always?" I asked, shocked.

"Yeah ever since" he paused quickly "ever since dad died"

When I was six, and Zane eleven, we moved from the outskirt of the bayou. I didn't remember much but dad was left behind, trying to get us to safety quicker. He told me that he would find us. But he never did. Mom sent out a search party for him but there was nothing to report that was good. He was missing from a family that was desperate to find him again.

"I never can tell with her" I rested my arm on the ledge of the window "she's always so"

"Quiet?" Zane asked and I nodded.

"Yeah very kept but I never knew it was because of dad"

"What do you think it was then?"

"Gary"

Gary was moms ex. He was a horrible man to Zane and I, always telling us to piss off and leave our mom alone. But we was the worse to her. He abused her physically and sexually, something that she only recently shared with us.

"Gary was an asshole to everyone" Zane snapped "she never deserved him!" Gary was always a touché subject for him he felt as if he had to take after our dad and protect mom and I.

"Yes I know Z, but I don't have any memories with dad so I guessed that it was Gary that made her this way, not dad"

"Mom is a very complexed woman. She will sort herself out soon enough so don't worry about her. She's fine just worry about school and getting an education" he pushed his sunnies down onto the bridge of his nose and looked over at me. His blue eyes firm and worried.

"Aleisha" I sighed and looked over at him. "Yes?"

"Please try to make some friends for me. It's not right for you to be kept hidden like mom you need to find some adventure and at home in your room isn't helping either"

"Zane!" I whined.

"Aleisha!" He whined back "please. For me. For mom" he looked up at the road "for dad"

I sighed and slumped back in my seat. I hated it when he used the dad card on me.

"Fine. For dad!" I mumbled and he smiled, kissing my temple.

"Thank you"

"I can't promise you anything you know" I said playing with the ends of my hair, a small habit of mine.

"I know" he nodded "but if you try, that will be a better improvement than none"

"I guess so" I shrugged and shivered when he rounded the corner to Miss Baker's Private School, the hair on the back of my neck rising with fear of another day trapped in a prison. Another day trying to keep a promise I intentionally didn't want to keep.

"Aleisha" Zane said handing me my bag "try and have a good day"

I snatched the bag out of his hand with a grumbled and quickly got out of the car, slamming the door behind me. I waited until Zane drove off out of sight before walking towards the front doors of the tall red brick layered prison. Miss Baker's Private School, was written in big block letters, reminding everyone where they'd spend their four punishing years. My wolf, Lillian, whimpered within me as I walked straight past everyone and past my locker. It had been the same routine ever since I came here. I opened up the last door on the left and sat down on the lid of the toilet. Graffiti of name calling and teasing covered the lime green painted back door as always, but I didn't really care anymore. I rested my head against the side of the cubical and waited for the weary call of the bell.

..................................................................................................................................

Hello again my lovely readers.

Thank you for getting this far. I know nothing too exciting is happening just just. But please trust me. It will soon.

Tag of Aleisha up on the side

Much love

- Emma ♡