21

"You know what, Wyatt! I'm so fucking sick of your shit! Going out every night to screw another girl! We're done."
Tears falling down my cheeks, I grabbed my coat before bidding my now ex-boyfriend a final farewell.
"Goodbye, Wyatt."
He stood in the centre of the front foyer, red eyed and emotionless.
Slamming the door, I headed for the only place I knew to go.

I knocked on his door, only once. It swung open, revealing a disheveled Jaeden.
"Y/n? What do you need? It's like, 1am."
It being dark out, he couldn't see the tears I had so generously shed the past few moments.
"I-I just need to talk."
As soon as he heard the low, raspy tone of my voice; his expression softened.
Jaeden & Wyatt were best friends for as long as I could remember. Whenever I was at Wyatt's, Jaeden would always come to hang out. I'd built a strong friendship with him, making Wyatt push him further and further away. I continually noticed Wyatt being more distant, and it worried me. After seeing a text pop up on his phone from a girl; making her intentions very clear, I knew something was up. It didn't take me long to realize that he had been seeing other people.
"Of course, come in."

After explaining to Jaeden what had happened, I completely broke down. Both of us sitting on his bed, me in his arms, crying my eyes out for that piece of shit. He stroked my hair, and ran his fingers along my back.
"Shhh, shh. He doesn't deserve your tears."
I hugged him tighter; only realizing now how much Jaeden really meant to me.
He was always pushed to the side; my mind always on Wyatt. And every time something was happening in my life, Wyatt cared. But Jaeden listened. He told me that things would get better, and soon enough they did.
Pulling away, I admired Jaeden.
Looking at his facial structure in the low light of the moon, I ran my thumb along his jaw.
And at this point I realized how close we really were. I could feel his breath down my neck, and felt myself leaning in.
His soft lips met mine, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. We moved in sync, deepening the moment. Pulling away for air, I didn't even get a second to say anything, before our lips met again.
He pulled me closer than before, and for a split second, I forgot about Wyatt. It's like he was a distant memory.
"Y/n, I've wanted to do that for a long time."
I chuckled; my forehead against his.
"I've wanted you to do that for a long time."
He gave me a peck on the cheek, and short after we fell asleep in each other's arms.

a/n so sorry for the recent delay on updates; with school coming for me I've been really distracted. Thanks for your patience! <3 x