I wondered if I irritated him. His eyes were blank and misty like fog, as he made no attempts to stop me. To speak the truth, he could've dragged me to the next city despite the fact I would've protested. The bracelet we were wearing was a powerful object.

As I thought about that, my mind flashed back to the events that occurred in the Azalea Gym. It somewhat stung every time I thought about that. I questioned his personality, rather than the fact he's human. I wondered if he saw me as 'weak' if he only saw me as luggage. Technically, I was luggage from a different perspective, but I didn't want to be treated like one.

I wasn't that good at battling—that I'll admit—however, that didn't mean I was weak as a trainer and as a human. Experience is the best teacher and I believe I'll get stronger the more I battle and understand the battlefield.

It was then I realized that I was staring at Silver's face for a while, without him even sparing me a glance. His hair was a bit longer than what boys usually had, as his crimson hair glistened in an orange hue under the setting sun. He continued to stare into the distance with his eyebrows furrowed slightly.

My heart began to beat rapidly the longer I stared and I didn't notice the faint blush on my cheeks as my face grew hotter. I dropped my Pokédex and placed that hand on the spot where my heart was. Bayleef caught my Pokégear before it touched the ground.

I took deep breaths to myself, trying to calm down the beating of my heart. It's unbelievable how I'm so flustered about something like this.

"Lyra?...Lyra!? Are you there!?" I heard the professor's voice from the Pokégear.

Bayleef hoisted the Pokégear up to my face, which showed me the professor in a frantic state. His hair was a mess and I noticed that the laboratory was filled with tons of paper that laid around the room. He adjusted his glasses before giving me his attention.

"Lyra? What happened!? Your Pokégear was knocked off or something—my goodness! That Pokémon..." Professor Elm began.

I nodded. "Professor Elm, I called you to show the Pokémon that hatched from the Egg that Mr. Pokémon gave me. It's called Togepi and she just hatched a minute ago."

"That's great! Togepi, huh... it's quite rare to find one in the wild. It's too bad you can't come back to the lab for the reason you have. I would've loved to learn more about that Togepi," he replied with fascination.

'That's true... Silver was still a criminal and the fact I'm with him isn't good...'

"Also Professor, I wasn't sure if this Togepi was a female or not, but I want to assume that this one is a female," I informed him.

Professor Elm appeared to be examining the Togepi through the Pokégear, although it somewhat appeared that he was glaring. However, I trusted Professor Elm to know what he's doing. Togepi was still asleep and didn't appear to be waking up soon. It was a baby Pokémon, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

"I can't really determine if it's a female since the little one is sleeping. Did you refer to it as a female? If its reactions are positive, then there's your answer. Pokémon are fully aware of what gender they are—that's a given fact," Professor Elm responded.

"Well, Togepi didn't protest when I referred to it as a female..." I noted.

"Then there's your answer, Lyra," he added. "Also, I have an idea. Why don't you document Togepi's growth? Once your issue settles down, you can show me the pictures and it'll help me gain information on how Togepi is within its—her surrounds."

"That sounds like a good idea, Professor, but I don't have a camera..."

"Not a problem, Lyra. I can send someone to give you a camera when you reach the next city. What city is closest to where you're currently at?" the professor asked.

"Goldenrod City," I heard Silver spoke, not even turning his head to say it with our eyes attached. I assumed that what he said was the answer Professor Elm was looking for, and I'm going to trust him on that. I replied to the professor what Silver had said.

He nodded his head. "Alright. It shouldn't be too far. Actually, Ethan should be around that area while we're speaking. I'll have him purchase a camera for you."

Ethan... I realized that there was Ethan as well. He was definitely someone I didn't want to drag into all of this mess. I began to worry, as my heart pounded faster. I didn't want him to get hurt. I don't even know who S was and I was scared he could do something to hurt Ethan. He didn't deserve pain—never!

"Lyra? Are you all alright? Is something wrong?" the professor asked.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I shook my head. "I'm alright, Professor. I'll be sure to find him in Goldenrod City."

"I'm glad you're helping me with all this. Oh, that's right! I should also mention that you should try participating in the Pokémon League. If you beat the current Champion, you become the new Champion of Johto, which would be super cool. You would have to collect the badges from the eight Gyms to be eligible to participate," the professor suggested.

"I'll consider it—" I didn't have a choice. "—thanks, Professor. I have to go now."

Giving Bayleef the signal, she turned off the Pokégear and closed it, putting it in my bag afterward. I sighed in relief, but I was still worried. I'm sure Ethan didn't know I was with Silver, and I don't think he'll just stand there and let me continue travelling with him while his head was wanted.

A yawn escaped my lips, as my eyes began to force itself shut. Soon, I felt myself falling. My legs must have given up, but I didn't land on the ground. Silver was holding my arms and kept me on my feet for now.

He gently—surprisingly, he was gentle—scooped me up and carried me by my back and legs. I never knew he was this strong... or was it because I was light? I don't know...

It was the evening, but I felt so tired, as if I had walked for days without rest. My throat was also a bit parched, but I was more focussed on my exhaustion. I ended up resting my head on his chest and slowly closed my eyes. Silver didn't drop me, but I felt him walking.

I cradled Togepi in my arms and began to sleep.

~~♛~~

Be sure to vote and comment on the story. Also, correct me on any mistakes during the story.

Hope you enjoyed it and are looking forward to the next chapter~

~Lisa~