Chapter Seven

Jaebum woke up in the middle of the night to hear screaming. He looked over to see Youngjae fast asleep. He sat up and looked around the room to find no one. He shrugged it off and laid back down to fall asleep again. Just as he was about to sleep the screaming got louder and sounded like it was coming from all around him. He sat straight up and looked around with a panicked look on his face. Once again he saw no one in the room. He could have sworn he heard people around him. He shrugged it off again as just his mind playing tricks on him and laid back down to sleep. He fell into a dreamless sleep.

~That morning~

Jaebum woke up and stretched. For once he was happy about not having a dream.He still was confused at to where all the screaming came from. He looked to the bed next to him to see Youngjae was still asleep. He grabbed his phone off the charger and unlocked it. He went to one of his many social media's and scrolled through all the new things. He laughed at a couple of things before getting bored and putting his phone down. By that time he started to hear Youngjae stir and looked over at him. 

"Good morning Sunshine." Jaebum said as he smiled at the blush that was on Youngjae's face.

"Good morning Bummie." Youngjae said as he smiled him. 

"How did you sleep?" Jaebum asked.

"I was a little uncomfortable but other than that I slept fine." Youngjae said as looked at Jaebum. "How did you sleep?"

"I woke up earlier to the sound of screaming but I have no idea where it was coming from. I hope I won't hear it again tonight." Jaebum said as he smiled at Youngjae.

Youngjae opened his mouth to say something but closed it when he heard a knock on the door. The two looked at the door and watched as the nurse walked into the room. She was followed by two other nurses and a doctor. 

"Good morning." She said with a smile on her face.

"Good morning." The two said as they smiled back at her.

The other two nurses said nothing as the walked over to each of them and placed a tray of food in front of them. They then turned around and left the room. Youngjae just sat there staring at his food not being able to feed himself. Jaebum ate part of his before he looked at the nurse.

"Can you please help me get into the wheel chair again?" Jaebum asked.

She just nodded and walked over helping Jaebum sit down and wheeled him over to Youngjae at his request. Jaebum proceeded to pick up a fork and feed Youngjae. The younger just looked at him and smiled.

"Thanks." Youngjae said after he finished eating.

"You're welcome." Jaebum said as he smiled at him. 

It was then that the doctor decided to speak from his spot in the room.

"How are you boys feeling today?" He asked somewhat startling the two.

"I'm feeling good." Jaebum said looking at Youngjae waiting for his answer.

"I'm okay. I wish I didn't have these casts on." Youngjae said shaking his arms a little.

"Well in about a week we will take an x-ray and see if they have healed. If it has we will take the casts off. If not we will have to leave the casts on for a little bit longer." The doctor said as he looked at both of them. 

They both nodded their heads and smiled at him before he turned around and left the room. The nurse just looked at both of them with a smile on her face.

"If anyone comes to visit do you want me to send them in?" She asked.

"Yes please." Jaebum said as he smiled at her.

"Okay. I will send someone in to get the trays in a little bit. Is there anything else you need before I leave?" She asked with a smile on her face.

Jaebum looked at Youngjae in silent question. He just shook his head no.

"I think we're good. If we need something we'll let you know." Jaebum said as he smiled at her.

She just nodded and turned around walking out the room closing the door behind her. Jaebum looked at Youngjae and noticed his sad expression.

"What's wrong Youngjae?" Jaebum asked.

"I just want all of this to be over. I don't want to sit in a bed anymore. I don't want these casts on. I especially don't want to be missing the past eight months. I want everything to go back to the way it was before the crash." Youngjae said as a tear rolled down his cheek.

"It's okay, I want that to. I'm just glad we made it out alive. We could be dead instead of in casts sitting in a hospital. If I had to do it over again I wouldn't have had us go on that trip. I would have planned something that didn't involve a plane." Jaebum said as he reached up and wiped the tear away before cupping Youngjae's cheek.

"I wish I could remember the trip. If I did then I probably wouldn't be as sad about this entire situation. At least I would have my memories." Youngjae said as he smiled sadly at Jaebum.

"I know you want to remember everything. You just have to be patient and wait for the memories to come back on their own. If we force the process we could end up damaging your brain. I would rather not have that happen." Jaebum said.

"I know it's just hard waiting for them to come back. Do you think you could at least show me the pictures you have from the trip?" Youngjae asked as he looked hopefully at Jaebum.

"Yeah just let me find them." Jaebum said as he smiled at Youngjae.

Jaebum rolled himself over to the table by his bed and grabbed his phone. He set it down in his lap before rolling himself back over to Youngjae's bed. He unlocked his phone and searched through all of his social media for the photos. Once he found them he tapped on them so they would be full screen and held his phone so Youngjae could see and scrolled through them. Youngjae would ask a question and Jaebum would stop and answer before continuing.

-----------------------------

Next chapter woo! I enjoyed writing this one. I will try to update sometime this week. Look forward to an update of Can't You Hear Me? and maybe Let Me Help You either today or tomorrow. Thanks for reading! I love you all!~Luna