Chapter 11 : King's Secret

Aedric was by the main beach of Qiyoric

Aedric was by the main beach of Qiyoric. Beach Hydol. Watching his hydra Aymon swim in the sea, his magnificent large body splashing the water wetting Aedric as he sat on the sand, quite happy with the view. This was the one thing he can do aside from his duties as the ruler of his nations. The only thing that truly makes him feel like himself. Like there's no weight bearing him down.

Leon and Rysdan was by the court, practicing with their swords as Arielle was learning more about the history of Yoreria and around the world.

Good. Atleast they aren't bothering me now. Thought Aedric. He's aware of Leon constantly pressuring Aedric to consider going to Swiok Frary with the rest of the siblings. To take over the throne as it was rightfully theirs. All three of the Hydrevian children believe that Isabelle is nothing but a puppet handled by the council. She's nothing but a weak girl who won the crown after her father. All thought so except for Aedric.

Aedric knows better. He's seen her.

The day he received the news that king Albert passed, he had to go pay his respect. He just had to. He always had such respect for Boddinhams, after Balin's kindness. Ever since he started ruling over Qiyoric, he had secret meetings with king Albert. King Albert treated him with respect and dealt with matters of their nations with Aedric. He kept the Hydrevians a secret till the day he died. No one knew of the ruler's secret meetings, they succeeded in doing so.

Aedric succeeded in constructing a good disguise and leave to Swiok Frary, with a few faithful companions by his side he managed to keep his journey a secret from his siblings as well. He always let the siblings believe he's going on a trip to hunt or a simple adventure and let Rysdan rule on his behalf.

He watched the royal funeral of the late king, he watched it among the people of Swiok Frary, as a civilian, not as a great ruler of a magnificent bloodline.

But then he saw her.

He saw the oldest daughter of Albert. The child he always boasts about in every one of their meetings. he listened to the jolly old man blabber on and on about his child like any proud father would, and never gave much thought to it. But then he saw her, through his own light green eyes.

There she stood, holding her younger sisters hand, watching her fathers casket, keeping a strong face, not shedding a single tear as it was quite evident she wanted to cry. Her long black hair cascading down to her back, her olive skin glistening, and her long eyelashes touching her cheeks as she looks down every few minutes. Her lips naturally red. And her eyes, her warm brown eyes holding the whole world inside of it.

Aedric felt his knees weaken, his heart jump. His first instinct was to go to her. But he didn't. Instead he got back onto the ship. And sailed back to Qiyoric.
Ever since then he's been sailing to Swiok Frary back and forth. Just to watch her. Just to see her. She was the most beautiful thing he's ever seen. That coming from a hydrevian. The most beautiful godly like humans to ever walk on Yoreria. Watching her speak watching her handle herself with the civilians. It felt wrong but she completed him. He was stuck. He could never reveal himself no matter how badly he wanted to. He could never do anything to risk his nation and the Hydrevians.

He was never the man to feel afraid. But he did. He did this time.

Isabelle was his fear. All this time, all the 21 years of his life he was never afraid of anything. The rebellion that overthrew his family, the man that almost tried to kill him and his siblings, the war the blood the screams. To hell he was the ruler of an equally large country and managed to keep the entire existence of it and his beasts a secret. The hydras are his companions. He carries Godly blood inside of him. What must he be afraid of?

Love. The one thing that could ruin it all. And it only takes a second.

How could Aedric explain to his siblings that he has another reason as to why he doesn't want to sail to Swiok Frary to fight for the crown? That reason being he doesn't want to see Isabelle hurt? He doesn't want anyone to lay a hand on her? That he's happened to have fallen in love with the new queen of the nation, a queen from their supposed enemies bloodline.

Aymon laid its giant head next to Aedric. Although Aymon was the oldest and the larger beast compared to its siblings, Aymon had a soft heart for Aedric, and never failed to show its love. Aedric patted its head, its head larger than a chamber room.

"I'm stuck Aymon, I don't know what to do...... I can't stop thinking about her and I want her to know me"

Aymon let out a whimper which in his case came out as a growl. As funny as it sounds they seem to understand each other. As the word goes Qiyoric. It takes one beast to understand another.

"I thought of it.... pretending to be someone else, disguising myself...I highly doubt she'd even talk to me if so.... but I just don't want to risk putting Qiyoric or us in any danger, or for anyone to know of our existence, not now Aymon"

Aedric continued to brood, he was torn between his duties as a ruler, an older brother, and simply a man in love.

He felt it was wrong, Selfish and wrong. But just to talk to her, engage in one meeting. That would just be enough for him.

"I'm going to do it Aymon, no one knows of our existence, the only one that did died anyway, I'm sure it's not of such risk, she'll know me as a simple man from another continent if it must be.... I can't get her out of my mind and it's eating me away, i must do this for a peace of mind. I'm sailing to Swiok Frary tonight"

Aymon let out a triumphant roar and splashed back into the water, leaving Aedric drenched, enjoying the moment while laughing at his companions support.

I'm coming Isabelle. I just hope I don't regret this decision. I'm risking it all, hiding secret under secret for this one girl. One damn girl. My first ever love. And it had to be her.