Chapter 7 : War

ISABELLE'S POV

ISABELLE'S POV

''another coronation. I never thought I'd live to see this day''

I was walking to the council room, which is now under my name with Richard walking by me. Yes the coronation was quite something. I never thought I'd live to see it too. I just never thought I'd be queen at all. The people were cheering, my sisters and mother were so happy for me. The high priest of Druidos crowning me in front of all the people of Swiok Frary. It was truly another whole different feeling I'm yet to find words to explain.

''same goes to me Richard''

We exchanged a hearty conversation, reminiscing papa as we entered the council room. There were seated Yeoman Emerick a priest of Druidos, Lord Gerveese Wymarc, whom which I don't quite recall how he ever achieved a seat at the council, but I heard he's a very conniving and groveling. I suppose his skills at being secretive and having the best spies working for him has helped papa a great deal. The duke of Taliscur, and of course Papa's hand, who is now mine, Lord Brom Herviett.

They all stood from their chairs as they saw me enter, I went to the head of the table and sat where my father once sat, Richard stood guard next to me.

However one thing I forgot to notice was Jacob. There he was, standing at the corner of the room. I haven't seen this man since the morning, yes he was training his soldiers but I was yearning for his attention. As pathetic as that sounds. I'm sure Richard called him to the council room, I'm glad he did, he's my personal guard after all. Not Richard.

He saw me looking at his direction, he gave me the sweetest smile

"Your highness, my apologies to bear news of such caliber on a day full of delight to you and your family but-''

I broke my gaze from Jacob to Wymarc, as he was seated next to me. Focusing on me.

"What is it?"

"Your grace.... King Francesco of Vasilisa is set to be planning to take the crown of Swiok Frary for himself... claiming to be the 'rightful' king" Wymarc emphasized on rightful.

Francesco? That crazy man? My uncle? It hasn't been a day since I was queen and someone is trying to overthrow me already. What the fuck is this?

"My Uncle....?"

''yes your grace, he is already gathering an army to come into Swiok Frary by force, as ive been told by my spies"

"This is madness!" exclaimed Herviett

"Are you sure lord Wymarc? When is he planning on doing this?

"Won't be too long your grace, he's taking loans from the Kaspum Bank, for ships and more men as we speak"

''but I don't understand, he has no claim for the crown and the throne, he is no direct bloodline, he's just the sibling. As of now he's the ruler of Vasilisa under the dominant kingdom Swiok Frary"

"yes your grace, but that's not stopping him, war is war"

Right when Wymarc said war, it sent chills down my spine. It scared me. No, I wasn't ready for war. In fact I never will be ready for war.

"what should we do? I suggest a meeting of both the new queen and the king would be the best option, he must surrender and come to a negotiation. Show him you are open for a deal that benefits all your grace" said Emerick.

''I Second it" chimed in the duke.

I guess that isn't a damned of a solution, maybe I can talk him out of this. I need to be strong. For my family and my people.

"Send a raven to Francesco, tell him his queen requires his presence immediately" I urged Richard, he nodded his head and he walked out of the room.

''I'm sure there's nothing for you to fear your grace, you of course have the most guaranteed protection from the Commander of the army''

Wymarc smirked as he looked back at Jacob who is keeping a clear focused face not looking at either of us. This man is up to something. He knows more than he lets on. What the fuck was that about? That was not his business. Smarmy fool.

"The meeting is over, everyone is dismissed" I stood up from my chair as everyone bowed, I walked out of the room not even glancing at any one of their faces.

I have too much to worry about. A war?! I damn war?! What if the meeting doesn't go well? a fucking war.

"Your grace, worrying won't make things any better" I was so caught up with thinking all scenarios in my head I forgot I was already close to my chamber, and Jacob was right behind me

"Oh well, if you were the king and you heard what I just heard, you'd worry too"

He gave me that sweet smile again. Damn it.

"Well I could keep you company in your chamber if you'd like''