Chapter Two: Struggling Through The School Day

Peter didn't know how to tell Aunt May about what was happening. He didn't know what to tell Aunt May. He just didn't know how to explain his sudden increase in poor eyesight. Or the sudden super strength. Or the alarm clock that had been smashed to pieces. Or the other strange things that has plagued his morning routine. So, Peter just left his glasses on, kept to himself and tried his best to get through the day and hopefully come up with an excuse as to why he needs a new pair of glasses and why they needed to be a stronger prescription.

But getting through the day wasn't easy.

"Maybe it's just for today... maybe this whole 'super strength, heightened senses, increased flexibility, and increased poor eyesight' is just a one-day-wonder..." However, no matter how many times Peter chanted this repeatedly in his head throughout the school day, he just knew it was not true.

ººº

By the time it was lunch, Peter was squinting and constantly reaching up to rub his forehead in the hopes to appease the headache that seemed to be increasing every hour, but like every other time he massaged his forehead, it did nothing. He hadn't been able to concentrate in classes very well and had run into almost anything and everything, he was probably covered in bruises by now.

Ned stared at his best-friends strangled look, he had noticed something was up the second he first saw Peter in the morning. The look in Peter's eyes, Ned had noticed, was somehow a dazed look even though the eyes were constantly moving to try fix onto anything, staring at whatever it was for a moment before his eyes were moving again, searching for something else. However, he didn't think too much about it, assuming Peter was just tired.

During lunch break, Ned had really started to worry. He had watched Peter walk into countless of desks as he moved through the classroom. Shoulders bumping into countless of corners, doorways, and people. Hips catching on corners. Feet tripping up stairs, stools, or whatever was in the way of Peters shuffling feet. Nearly running straight into walls, lockers, windows, or people who he should be able to move out of the way in time before walking straight into them.

But, Ned had also watched Peter quick reflexes. Watched Peter as his head snapped to the side when someone had dropped a rubber. Watched Peters hand shoot out and grab a pen before it hit the floor, which fell from Neds desk. Ned had accepted the pen back with a confused drawn out "thanks". He watched as Peter turned his head back to the front of the class where the teacher continued to ramble on about the lesson, leg jumping up and down with what Ned could only assume was built up energy from being inside a building all day, sitting at small desk and just writing. But the page in front of Peter never had any notes taken down on it.

Ned watched Peter's eyes. He watched the eyes behind the glasses constantly shifting around to look around the room. "Are you okay? Not feeling sick again are you? Is this about Flash in gy-" Ned began to ask, looking at Peter from across the grey table they were sat at during break, but Peter cut him off, face scrunched up with one hand kneading the skin between his eyebrows, the other held up in a way Ned knew to stop talking.

"I'm fine." Peter didn't say any more than that and Ned continued to watch his friend with a look of concern overriding his features.

ººº

By the end of the school day, Peter was just about swaying on his feet. One hand holding onto extra books he needed to deposit into his locker while the other was held out in front of him in a sort of way to hopefully help with keeping his balance steady. Peter was still squinting, headache still pounding behind his eyes, but he was able to recognize the figure standing next to his locker – Ned.

"Hey Peter, how was class?" Peter could only mumble out a short reply about English and screaming kids.

"You know what," Ned suddenly spoke as he watched Peters dazed eyes, "let's walk home together" Ned had grabbed Peters arm when he stumbled to his locker, keeping him up right.

"But that's like an extra... ten minute walk for you" Peter stared at Ned; eyes glazed as he opened his locker and started stuffing his textbooks into the small space.

"Nah man, it's cool, plus I want to say hi to May" Peter rolled his eyes at this but a small smile made its way onto his face as his closed his lockers door and swung his bag onto his shoulder.

ººº

At some point, on the way home, Peters hand had grabbed onto the swinging adjustable strap of Neds backpack, letting Ned guide him the whole way home as he stumbled along behind him.

°°°

Hey!
I hope you guys are doing well!
I also hope you guys are enjoying this chapter, if not tell me why in the comments!
If there is anything you want to tell me, anything I can improve on, any mistakes I have made or you just want to say hey - please comment!
I've been writing more ideas for this series and reading fics instead of studying for my end of year senior exams coming up in a week, so nek me ugh. I hope you guys are being more productive than me.
Anyway, enjoy whatever you want to enjoy idk :)