Chapter 11: Meet Me

Start from the beginning

“Morning, Lindy.” She greeted her grandmother.

Lindy chuckled, “Clarence, I never thought Am would be successful in waking you up. It’s almost impossible.”

“Well, it took so long and I still need to threaten her,” Ami told her as Clarence spotted her breakfast plate on the kitchen counter, already filled with the food. She took it and sat across from her best friend.

“Unfortunately, you succeeded,” Clarence said, annoyed. She started digging in her food, “Why did you wake me up so early, anyway?”

Ami giggled excitedly, “We’re going shopping!”

Clarence almost choked on her breakfast, “What?!? You woke me up at seven in the morning to go shopping?! You’re crazy!”

“Clarence, I know you don’t really like doing this kind of stuff-“

“Heck yeah, I don’t.” Clarence cut her off.

“But I’m your best friend. Please, Clarence. It’s only this day that my mom will allow me have my free time! Please, please just go with me.” Ami pouted. Clarence glanced at Lindy for help, but all her grandma did was smile at her.

Then, Clarence took a deep breath, “Fine, Ami. But I don’t want to try on those small and short and girly outfits, you should take me out to lunch after we shop and absolutely positively, I don’t want to see anymore monsters.” Though, Clarence is going to bring along her weapon…..

“Okay, okay and okay! Now come on, before the mall gets crowded!” Ami didn’t even let Clarence finish all her breakfast. She dragged her best friend out of the room and towards the elevator.

~ΔΟΛ~ ΔΟΛ~ ΔΟΛ~

Each time Ami showed her a skirt or a shirt…or any outfit, Clarence would make a face at it. Ami, each time she would make a face, would either scold her or ignore her friend’s expression and compliment the clothes.

“Ami, it’s been an hour! Can we just go and eat?” Clarence asked when Ami was about to hold up another outfit.

Ami showed her the t-shirt from the rack. It was rose pink with glittery designs on it. Too girly for Clarence. She frowned at the shirt, “No way.” Out of the billion shirts, skirts, shorts and pants Ami showed her for the past hour, her best friend only picked freaking twenty-five of them. Freaking twenty-five.

“Clarence, just enjoy your shopping! Come on, you sound like a guy!” Ami rolled her eyes at her.

Clarence crossed her arms over her chest, “Shut up Ami. I’d rather battle a monster alone…empty handed.”

“Oh, Clar. Just hold on for a few minutes. We’re almost done.” Ami assured her.

“Where do you get the money for this, anyway?” Clarence asked. She was wondering for a while now.

“My mom works for a half a day at this rich company. Ironically, that company is the Meadow’s rival.” Ami said, reaching for the mini skirt. Clarence was confused how they didn’t finish looking at the whole department store’s clothes. It’s like it was never ending.

“I can’t believe you dragged me out of my heavenly bed just to take me here to rot in boredom,” Clarence said.

Ami sighed in frustration, “Okay, fine! You can go wait in the coffee shop somewhere near here and buy anything you want. I’ll be there when I’m done picking and paying for this.”

Finally! Clarence exclaimed in her mind, I thought I’ll never get out of this hell! She soon found the coffee shop – it was pretty easy to find – and sat down in one of the small tables. She grabbed a menu and started picking out her food.