"...Scott is so interesting."

Начните с самого начала

To be honest I am excited for this upcoming year; I can tell things are going to change, maybe I will tell Scott how I feel about him. The mere thought of him makes butterflies erupt in my stomach. Before my brother could notice the blush coating my face- and most likely poke fun at me- I get up to put my empty plate in the dishwasher, grab my bag that is by the counter, and was about to head out the side door of the kitchen to outside when my brother stops me.

“What are you doing Will?” he questions with a raised eyebrow.

“I am going to walk to school,” I state matter-of-factly. I just want to feel connected with nature, literally and figuratively.

“No you’re not.”

“Yes I am.”

“No you’re not.”

“Yes I am.”

“I don’t think dad will like it if you walk to and from school,” Alex says with a smug look on his face, thinking that he won this round of our banter. It is true, though. Our dad doesn’t like it when we walk home alone; he thinks a supernatural creature will come out and attack us which I doubt. Talia- a close family friend of ours- said this place was well protected and we would be safe here.

“Yeah? Well I don’t think dad will like it if he found out you were throwing a party here Friday,” I say, knowing well that now Alex will back off. He just stares at me; I can see the wheels turning in his head.

He lets out a breath, “Fine, but I am taking you home after practice.” I nod, okay with this negotiation. I tell him bye and left the house, on my way to school.

Instead of staying on the sidewalk like I should I decide to take a short cut through the woods; I haven’t been through there in a while. I glide my hands through the tree trunks, branches, and flowers that are hanging, feeling the life flow through me; that’s part of my power. I am able to manipulate earthy things like flowers, vines, and trees as well as feel the life within them. I love my power… I just feel so connected.

Seeing a dead flower on the dirt ground I pick it up and hold it in my hands. Within seconds the flower becomes vivid in color and lively once more; this is another part of my power that I enjoy.

Dad says we are called Protectors of Nature and we are to protect those who need protecting. A lot of us are affinity wielders, trained as warriors or both. Dad has trained my sister, twin brother and I as warriors even though my mother was a little hesitant on the idea.  

Although we protect others, right now we need slight protection ourselves. My family and I have been here in Beacon Hills since I was in the second grade when I was seven years old. Lora says we went into hiding because mom has information they want; I have no idea who they are but Lora has made it perfectly clear that they are dangerous people. I often wonder what kind of vital information mom could possibly hold.

I shake the thoughts out of my head and recite my mantra, “Everything will be alright, everything will be okay.” I stop to take a breather and realize I am in front of Beacon Hills High. I smile to myself thinking of my goal and resume walking to the entrance. This year I am going to make Scott notice me more than just his best friend’s little sister- yes my twin was born first- this year. I smile as I think of Scott; his chocolate curly hair, lovely smile and his adorable look he gets when he is confused. While I am walking I run into a wall of flesh. I look up to see Scott clutching his side, making a small hiss come out of his mouth. Oh no!

“Scott! I am so sorry I should have watching where I was going. Are you okay?” I ask worriedly.

“Willow… H-hi,” he says a little breathlessly as he notices that I am the one who ran into him.