"Are you okay?" She asked.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Sorry for bumping into you," she said, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"That's okay. I wasn't looking where I was going. It's my fault," I said.

She gave me a gentle smile before nodding at me and walking towards the elevators. I watched her as she left, getting inside an elevator and disappearing from my sight. "You like her don't you?" Siva asked.

"No," I said, a lie that was clear as day.

Siva nodded at me. "She was pretty," he said.

No. She wasn't pretty at all. She was absolutely beautiful. "Yeah. She was," was all I said.

"You want to go after her?" Siva asked.

Yes. I wanted to run into that elevator with her and get her name and talk to her, but I didn't, and I know I should have. I shrugged. "It's fine," I said.

"Well you ready to go home?" Siva asked.

I nodded, and we walked out of the hospital and into the parking garage. We both got inside the car and began driving home. I just looked out the window, watching the cars drive by. I don't even understand why it made me more depressed, but it did. I sighed and looked down at my hands again, then slid them up the sleeves of my sweatshirt. I couldn't even look at my skin anymore. About halfway there, Siva asked, "Are you sure you don't want me to pick you up anything?"

I shook my head. "I'm fine." No I wasn't. I wanted to die already.

"You know I'm only trying to help you. You can't do this alone, Jay," Siva said.

I nodded. "I know," I said softly.

Siva took a glance at me before turning his attention back to the road. "Well would you like to come over for dinner? I don't know what Nareesha is making, but it's always good." Siva asked.

I smiled at him. "Okay," I relented.

Siva smiled at me and drove the rest of the way home. Once we got to his house, he parked in the garage and we both went inside. He walked up to Nareesha and wrapped his arms around her from behind. "Looks great, baba," he said, kissing her cheek.

"Thanks," she smiled at him, before continuing to cook. She then looked up to see me. "Hi Jay, are you staying for dinner?" She asked.

"If that's okay. Siva invited me," I said.

"Of course. You're always welcome here," Nareesha smiled.

I smiled back at her. Siva and I helped finish up dinner by making a salad and setting up the table. Once all the food was on the table we served ourselves and began eating. "So Jay, anything new going on?" Nareesha asked.

Other than me finding out that I was dying? No, nothing new. I bit my lip. "I went to the doctor's today," I said.

"And I'm assuming that went well? You're in good health," Nareesha said.

"Actually, no," I said.

Nareesha looked up at me, putting down her fork. "What's wrong?" She asked.

"Well I went to the doctor's today, and then I went to the hospital where I found out I have leukemia," I said, wanting to burst into tears.

Nareesha looked at me, like she was about to cry. She got up from her seat and pulled me in for a hug. "Oh my god Jay...I'm so sorry," she said.

I nodded and returned the hug, feeling my eyes well up with tears, but forcing them back. She then released from the hug and sat back down in her chair. "So what do you have to do for it?" She asked.