28. Dance, Dance

Depuis le début

I set my bags down on the bench and turned to look at Brendon. His mouth fell agape as he stared down at the floor.

The dark haired looked back up to me and sighed running a hand through his hair.

The changing room door was then pushed open and in came walking Ryan, Josh and Patrick.

"Hey guys," me and Brendon greeted.

"Hi," said Patrick. "Isn't it our final assessment on this topic of dance today?"

"What do you mean final assessment?" Brendon questioned.

"We have to perform in front of the whole class and Mrs.Claire will grade us on how well we do," Patrick answered.

My mouth fell wide open. Noooo waaayyy was I dancing with Josh in front of the whole class. One thing I know for sure, Brendon would never let me hear the end of it.

Oh God. I've been good all my life, what did I do to deserve this?

Everyone was then magically standing in the hall waiting for Mrs. Claire to arrive because the author of this book can do whatever the fuck she wants, plus she's too lazy too write about what happens in the changing rooms.

Also, if she really wanted, she could be very cruel and just end the book right here meaning Josh and I never end up together, but she's not going to do that because she's a very nice person.

Anyway, getting back to the story, the sports hall doors were pushed open and in came walking Mrs.Claire.

She gestured for us to sit down on the benches before she began to speak. "Hello class, today will be your final assessment on ballroom dancing. You've have had this topic for the past few weeks and you've all been doing very well. I will test you in no particular order, just calling out pairs at random."

Everyone nodded in understanding.

"Okay....uh... Who should we have first? Um, let's have.... Stephanie and Ryan!"

Everybody cheered as the pair walked out into the front, well everyone except Brendon.

The music started playing as they did their routine, Brendon keeping his brows furrowed the whole time.

Ryan and Stephanie both had big smiles plastered across their faces the entire performance and Brendon did not like it, not one little bit.

Once they finished, everyone clapped as they bowed. Mrs. Claire was smiling as she started to scribbling down something on her clip board.

Just as Ryan was about to walk away, Stephanie gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

My head spun around to Brendon to see his face burning up to a bright red. His bit his bottom lip so hard, I thought he was going to chew right through it.

Stephanie walked back giggling to her space on the bench as Ryan walked back over to us with his cheeks flushed pink.

Brendon rolled his eyes as he sat down smiling causing me, Josh and Patrick to snicker.

"Alright, next up can we have Jolene and Tom," Mrs. Claire spoke writing something down on her clip board.

As the pair were getting ready to peform, Stephanie got up quickly dashed over to Ryan, plopping herself next to him on the bench.

She pulled out her phone looking up to the boy. "Can I get your number?" She asked smiling a sickening sweet grin.

"Sure," Ryan replied smiling and typing in his number to her phone, completely oblivious to Brendon's reaction.

The giggly girl looked up to me. "Oh Tyler, do you know where Jenna is by any chance?" She asked.

"Uh...no I haven't actually seen her today in school," I responded scratching the back of my head.

Now that I think of it, where actually was Jenna? We haven't really spoken at all recently.

"Oh," Stephanie replied glumely. "She's been ignoring all my texts. I've tried looking for Chance today in school but I can't seem to find him either."

"Chance isn't in school?" I questioned and she nodded. "Mmm, Debby called him on Saturday night and he said he hadn't heard from Jenna."

She furrowed her brows and opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by Mrs. Claire.

"Well done Jolene and Tom! Next we'll have...uh..... Josh and Tyler."

My faced starting heating up as I bit my lip. Oh God no. I looked over at Josh but he just smirked at me. That devil just smirked at me?!

Josh casually strolled up in front of the class as if he had not a care in the world.

How was he calm about this?!!

I gulped hesitantly standing up and walking over. I could feel the lump in my throat building and butterflies swirling around my stomach.

"You ready?" Josh whispered.

I gulped shaking my head.

"Dont worry. You'll do great, baby boy," he smirked.

The red haired boy gripped his hands tightly around my waist causing me to blush a bright red.

I hoped no one could see. Well.....except for Josh because I knew he knew exactly what he was doing to me.

The music started playing playing and through out our whole routine, I had the brightest blush painted on my cheeks.

It was a relief once we were finished, I don't know how much longer I would be able to do that.

"Well done boys," Mrs. Claire said taking down notes on our performance.

As I walked back to me seat I heard a few quiet murmurs within the other people in my class.

'He's so gay for Josh.'

'Doesn't he have a girlfriend?'

'Aww I ship it.'

My cheeks started burning up again as I sat myself down on the bench. But this time, out of anger.

Did people actually think me and Josh were 'cute' together?!

Noooo waaaayyyyy.

I have a girlfriend. And I love her. Kind of.

Josh is just some random guy, equivalent to the devil's child, who happened to just come into my life and he means absolutely nothing to me.

Besides, I might be leaving soon to go to L.A. to go to that boarding school. It's not like I really have a choice since my dad is kind of making me go.

But yet again, part of me does not want to leave.

Once every pair in my class had been assessed, Mrs. Claire walked up so she was standing in front of the whole class. "Well done, you all did very well. So well that you will be keeping your partners for the next dance topic."

No, no no. This can not be true. It's as if someone just dumped a truck full of stones on my back and watched me suffer being buried underneath them.

"You and your partner will be put with another pair to work in groups of four. I have not yet decided who goes with who yet," Mrs. Claire said flipping through the sheets on her clip board.

Although she had not said much about the topic yet, I could already tell this is going to be torture.