sixteen | interview

We had the exclusive pleasure of interviewing Netflix's newest stars for the upcoming show Whoopass! The stars spill about some of the show's plot and we get to find out more about what makes these three actresses so special.

•••

"The star herself!"

"The star herself!"

"Hi! So great to be here!"

"So, you just turned 18, how does it feel?"

"Oh it's so great! For my birthday my family came up and surprised me and we went out to my favorite ice cream place from when I was younger. The next day, my girls and I all stayed in and ordered room service and watched Friends!"

"That sounds like my dream day!"

"Honestly, I recommend it. It's good to just take an easy day!"

"So any special someone? I know you had some rumors going around when Descendents came out."

"Oh, with Thomas? No, we're just friends and he's with Dove. They're so adorable, it's borderline disgusting. But at this point in my career, I feel like it's best to steer clear of boys and rumors."

"That definitely makes sense, especially with the show about to come out. So, what is it like playing the likeliness of such a popular character?"

"Well, at first I received quite a bit of backlash, many insisted that Blossom is meant to be a redhead and I obviously don't fit that description. But if I was white and dyed my hair, I can almost surely say that half those complaints would disappear. Luckily, I've been given many opportunities throughout my life, and this is another one. I just hope I can prove all the haters wrong and show them that I can do the character justice."

"Well I'm sure you can and we can't wait to see you bring the character to life. Good luck Nova!"

"Thanks for having me, I'll see you next time!"

•••

"Olina! It's great to see you!"

"Great to see you too! Thanks for having me!"

"So, you're pretty new to the acting industry. How has the transition been for you?"

"Oh it's been pretty great! It's really surreal, I mean just yesterday I was with my girls and the Anne cast and we got stopped to take photos! Other parts are hard and there are other things you don't think about, but all in all it's been a really great experience and I've been able to meet people I wouldn't have been able to otherwise."

"Yeah! We've all been seeing the bond form between your co-stars, tell me a little bit more about them!"

"Oh, I love the girls so much! I had known Isabella before because we were both at Disney auditions for a show that ended up going to Nickelodeon and we really hit it off. I think we were in the bathroom and she complimented the flower in my hair right as I was saying that I really liked her eyeshadow. After that we just stayed in contact, she was actually the one who told me to come to auditions for the new show! Nova I met at callbacks for the show where they wanted all of us together, Isabella and Nova had known each other from a previous project and are super close and it's always really intimidating--meeting people that have known each other forever. But they made it so easy and I honestly feel like I have known them forever!"

"You guys are adorable I can't wait for the series to air! But tell me some more about other people you've met. We've all been hearing a lot about you and the Anne With an E cast!"

"Well, I just love them. All of them are so genuine and some of the kindest people you've ever met, I'm not exactly sure how the casting directors found such amazing people. Amybeth is amazing. She's almost like Anne, so full of life and imagination and always believes the best in people. We call Dalila "Literal Sunshine" because she's always so optimistic and vivacious. And Lucas is so easygoing and comfortable to be around-gosh, I'm rambling, but I love them all so much I could go on for hours."

"So are the Lulina rumors true?"

"Lucas is honestly one of the most wonderful people I've ever met. He goes out of his way for everyone and is so patient-I mean he's put up with me so far, so that says a lot. But I'm sorry to disappoint, we're just friends."

"Aw, even I am a little disappointed but I think I speak for everyone when I say that I'm proud of how far you've been able to make it from your YouTube beginnings!"

"Thank you! It means so much!"

•••

"Miss Blake! It's wonderful to see you again!"

"Vanessa! It's so nice to see you!"

"So tell me, what's new?"

"Well, there's so much! Whoopass! filming just started, Wrinkle in Time is about to premiere and I've met some wonderful people."

"Nothing in the love life arena?"

"With how busy my schedule is right now it hasn't really been on my mind. But I know it's out there and that when the right person comes along it just feels like there's no one else worth talking to."

"You always try to get me to crack in this interviews oh my god, I'm trying not to cry. Okay, moving on, what's one thing you can tell us about Whoopass! ? Not trying to get you in trouble, just trying to satisfy some fans."

"No, that's perfectly fine. Well, Whoopass! is going to be very different from the Powerpuff Girls you know, it's not necessarily a rendition but more like a crime, mystery and suspense show that has its basis influenced by the cartoon. So if you're expecting a live action Powerpuff, that's not what this is. This is going to dark, with humor of course, but definitely not for little kids."

"That definitely sounds promising! And I know fellow Isababies can't wait until they can see all your new work!"

"Thanks for having me Vanessa!"