TMI High 9

Clary's pov.

When I get home that night, I'm still buzzing with energy from the party. I take the subway home and Jace insists on coming with me.

"I guess I'll see ya' tomorrow" he says as we get to my door step.

"Tomorrow is Saturday." I say

"That doesn't mean I won't see you" He's silent for a few seconds. "I was wondering if you wanted to go to Taki's tomorrow for breakfast."

"Sure!" I say before I can even think of an answer.

He smiles "great! See you tomorrow" Then he walks away.

I can't fall asleep that night. I keep replaying the events from the party. I can still feel Jace's body pressed against mine.
__________________________

I wake up that morning and take a shower. It still feels like last night was a dream. Luke and my mom should be home sometime tonight.

I walk downstairs right as I hear the door bell. I answer the door and Jace is standing there grinning.

"Hey" he says leaning against the door frame. He looks into the house at all the artwork on the walls.

"My moms an artist." I say noticing him looking.

"Oh. Wow!" He says focusing on the one straight behind me. "Shall we?" he bows and holds out his arm. I laugh. We head out. We decide to walk because its a nice day and Taki's isn't very far from my house.

We walk in and take a seat. A waiter comes to our table as soon as we sit down and gives us menus. He walks away.

"I've never been here." I say.

"Well its amazing. You should try the blueberry pancakes." He says.

"I just might."

The waiter comes up again and takes our orders. I decide to get the blueberry pancakes.

We talk for a while until out food comes. To my Surprise Kaelie serves our food.

"Hey." I say to her. She stare at me for a second then looks to Jace and smiles.

"Enjoy!" she says mostly to Jace.

When she walks away Still staring at Jace. Jace starts a conversation. "So, what do your parents do?" He asks putting his elbows on the table and rests his chin in is hands.

"Well. you already know my mom is an artist."

"Right." he says just seeming to remember.

"And Luke owns a book shop. What about you"

He clasps his hands together. "They both work for a private school that travels.... a lot."

"Oh." I say trying to sound pleased. In reality, that kind of sucks, I mean I bet there never home.

"They've been in Europe for the past 2 weeks. This is they're big trip at the beginning of the year. They should be back sometime either Thursday or Friday." He says.

"Do you miss them?" He looks confused as if he's never thought of it before.

"I guess so. The trips usually aren't longer than three days or so."

I change the subject and we chat and eat for a while. Its nice talking to him, but I can't help but get distracted by his lips as he's speaking. I guess once you've kissed them you keep thinking about them and that just leads to staring at them for awkwardly long periods of time. We've been finished with our meals for a while so we decide to go to the park.
_________________________
Izzy's pov.

I decide to go to Simons band practice today. I wanted to hear what they sound like but I'm starting to regret my decision. They're not very good. About halfway through their rehearsal my phone rings. I walk outside the garage and answer it.

"Hello?" I say.

"Hey" I hear Alec reply.

"Hey"

"Umm..." he hesitates. "I just wanted to let you know I'm not going to be home when you get back."

"Where are you going?" I ask.

He hesitates. "Magnus's" I can tell he didn't really want to answer the question.

"Bane?" I say with a questioning tone.

"Yeah, Bane. Magnus Bane" he assures and then hangs up. I swear there is something going on between them.

_________________________