TMI High 12

Clary's pov.

After school I go home and tell my mom I'm going to Izzy's and then head over to the lightwood's house. Simon comes with me, I'm guessing because he wants to see Isabelle. We walk up to the door together and I ring the door bell.

"Hey Clary!" I hear in Izzy's voice. "Come in, the door's unlocked." We walk in and Izzy's sitting on the living room floor with stacks of notebook paper surrounding her.

"You know we could've been a robbers." Simon says when she looks up.

"What?" she replies in an amused tone.

"Well, you just said the door's unlocked and to come in. What if it wasn't us? It could have been a robber."

She laughs"I knew it was you." she says giving him a look. "Well, actually I thought it was just Clary, but whatever-" she mumbles.

"I hope you don't mind that I brought Simon along." I say to Izzy.

She smiles "It's fine."

"Where's everyone else?" I ask.

She shrugs. "I think Alec is in his room. I have no idea where Jace is." As if on cue, at that moment Jace walks into the house. He sees me and his eyes light up.

"Hey Clary!" he says putting his stuff down on a chair.

"and Simon" Simon adds waving his hands dramatically. Jace gives him a glare in return.

"Should we go ahead and get started" Alec says. I don't know how long he's been standing there but at some point he came into the living room and leaned against the wall.

We work on the project for a good hour. They had to explain most of what we're doing to me, but I understood in the end.

"I need a break." Izzy says laying down on the floor and rolling over. Her straight black hair wraps around her body.

"We should go to Taki's" I suggest.

Jace gets up "sounds good!" He starts to head out the door and turns around when none of us get up. "I'm going with or without you!" he says and keeps walking. We slowly get up and head outside.
_______________________

We decide to take the subway to Taki's. We eat there and talk about the project, school, and a bunch of other stuff. We finish up and decide to all split up and go home.

"See ya at school" Izzy says as she heads off with Jace and Alec. Simon and I head into our houses.

"See ya" I say

I get to my room and decide to sketch for a while. I ended up sketching for a lot longer than I planed and fall asleep with my head on my desk and my hand on top of my pencil.
_________________________
Alec's Pov.

I'm tired. I go into my room and throw myself onto my bed. I breath into my pillow and let myself sink into the sheets. I drift off to sleep just as the sun goes down.

I jump awake in a panic which makes me fall out of bed with a gigantic thud. I'm almost positive I woke Izzy. This whole family is full of light sleepers. I don't even know what woke me with such a start. I sit there silent on the ground in somewhat of a crouching position waiting for a sound or a movement. My hearing is sharp, I am alert and suddenly no longer tired. Then I hear it. There's a slight tap on the window, so quiet I don't know how it woke me. It might just be a brach hitting the window I think, but it's so consistent. It's a beat, almost as steady as a metronome.

I walk over to the window and freeze before I throw the curtains back. I suddenly have a flash back to all the horror movies I've watched with Jace. I have no idea whats going to be out there. I take a deep breath and open the curtains.

__________________________