"I'm so sorry. Please don't mind me."

As turned to leave, he clutched my arms. "Please, don't leave."

Hearing his pleading voice made my insides swoon. Hallmark moment alert.

His hold left my arms as I turned. As I walked in, he ushered me into the room with his palm on my lower back.

I climbed into the dark sheets without looking round the room. Not long after, I was spooned in Alessio's body as he clutched my waist.

This warmth was what I was needed. Wonderful.

"Aria?"

He called my name softly, more like a question to ensure I was awake.

"Yeah," my reply was soft, indicating my consciousness.

"My parents are coming tomorrow. I wanted to tell you but you were asleep in the car." His whisper was directly in my ear, tickling me a little.

My heart was beating at an erratically fast pace, sending me to an overdrive. I could feel the panic settling in my bones as my head thrashed my neck began to ache.

"Alessio neck.." I could hear him talk to me, trying to reduce my panic.

He immediately left the room for the bathroom. I moaned in pain as flashes of him hitting my head against the wall.

"It's okay cara mia." I could make out the voice of Alessio reassuring me.

Suddenly, a cold towel was placed on my neck. It relaxed the throbbing of the muscles in the arc between my shoulders and my neck. He kept pressing the cold towel on my neck changing it at short intervals.

Soon after, the pain in my neck was reduced. It was still there, as a slight tingle. His palms slowly massages my neck in an expertly manner. The warmth and scent of the ointment caressed me, relieving the pain in my neck.

Alessio didn't speak of the scars on my back, even though he noticed them when we had sex. He began to trace the little scars on my back, gaining more access due to the ripped state of my pyjama top.

Then he advanced to the larger one that ran from the middle of my spine to the waistband of my shirt. Slipping out from the bed, he reached his closet and pulled out a shirt of his. I watched with the aid of the bedside lamp the way his muscles moved with skill and accuracy as he pulled out a grey shirt.

He got nearer to me and supported my back on the grey leather backrest of the bed. He carefully pulled off my shirt without maintaining eye contact. My exposed torso glistened as the light shone on my pebbled nipples.

His pupils dilated at the sight of my chest but he quickly pulled on the soft fabric of his shirt. After placing the towel back in the toilet and discarding my ripped shirt, he returned to the bed.

"How do you feel, cara mia?" I heard his voice whisper in my hair.

"I'm fine. Thank you."

I feared to ask him about the scar on my back. And I didn't know if he wanted to know or not.

But laying safe in his arms, washed away my thoughts. I just relished the feeling of being in his arms enjoying his minty cinnamon scent.

And just before the arms of sleep pulled me out of consciousness, I felt a light peck on my temple.

I am putting my heart on a silver platter. All I hope is that it is not used to make some tasty sushi.