Chapter 6

She didn't reply at first, but instead looked up at me confused.

"I need to talk to you, please come and sit by me?" I asked, looking into her innocent brown eyes.

"So, does that mean you forgive me?" She replied, her eyes looked into both of mine, looking for an answer before I could reply.

I nodded, "Yes. I understand why you did what you did, and....I think I'm the one who owes you the apology."

She smiled and tackled me into a hug, almost pushing me off balance.

I hugged her hesitantly at first, but then I stifled a laugh and wrapped my arms tighter around her.

I released her after a minute or two, hoping it wasn't awkward that our hug was so long. Once we hopped into the back of the truck, I immediately asked,

"So, about the Irregular thing..."

She sat down across from me and smiled,

"Yah, about that..."

I raised an eyebrow, leaning back against the canvas wall of the truck, "Well, tell me I didn't forgive you just so I could get cheated out of the information?"

She frowned, "No! I am going to tell you I promise, It's just..."

I rolled my eyes and let out a low growl, a little irritated with myself, "I should have known that you wouldn't tell me."

A wave a panic rushed across her face, "No! It's that..."

She nodded her head towards the top right corner of the truck; a small camera came into view.

They were recording us.

I sighed loudly, "Well, I guess that I just need to trust you, yah?"

She grinned, "Yah. I guess you should. You can trust me, I mean it."

I nodded again with a smile, "Thank you Eden."

She looked down at her boots for a second then looked at me, "Um, Eric? Can I ask you something?"

I grinned, "Anything."

"Did you just forgive me because you wanted the information about me?" She asked, an emotion crossed her face before I could see what it was.

The truck came to a stop; jolting us slightly forward then backwards again 

"Eric Winslow, this is your stop! The Link, Section Eight Hundred and Thirty-Four."

I sighed loudly and stood up. "No."

She looked up at me and frowned, "What?"

I smiled a lop-sided grin, "No. I didn't forgive you because I wanted information. I forgave you because it wasn't really your fault...that and I couldn't not forgive the only friend I've ever had."

She stood up and stared up at me with watery eyes. Then, a second later she wrapped her arms around my waist and gave me a long hug.

"Thank you. I'm going to miss you Eric Winslow."

A grinned, biting my lip to hide the disappointment and sadness that was making my heart hurt.

"I'm going to miss you too Eden."

The door suddenly opened and I was motioned to leave. I released her and ruffled her hair.

She grinned, a sad smile. I jumped out of the back of the truck; my boots were covered in dew as soonas I landed. I breathed in the fresh, warm summer air. Feeling the heat of the sun on my face.