Life's Lemonade is Bitter Sweet part 2

Life doesn't give you lemons it throws rocks at you CH2

Adam's POV

          When Adrianna told me what she wanted to do I didn't know what to think. I knew she wanted me to go with her I mean it was pretty clear on her face, and I immediately offered before she could ask I mean it wasn't like I was leaving anything important behind. People thought I had everything, a lot of friends and girls all over me but the truth was that I could see through the fake smiles and the way people only wanted me around for my "popular" status so maybe moving to California would be a good thing for me too. Besides Adri was the only true friend I had here and I couldn't just let her go. Moving to California would be good for both of us, Adri needed Keiden and Amy more than ever and I needed a fresh start. After I left Adrianna I went looking for my mom to ask her to let us go.

          It wasn't the easiest thing to do but I managed to convince her so now it was up to her to convince dad. I believe that would be the hardest part since he was over protective. Adri was a complete daddy's girl but not in a spoiled way. He was protective of me too but he knew I could take care of myself. Either way I think mom can handle him. It was getting pretty late so I decided to get ready for bed.

         Today was pretty uneventful we went to school everyone swarmed around me, classes were boring, after school I went to football practice and then afterwards hit the skate park. Adri and me used to go all the time with Oddy of course. She was really good but then again she was good at anything she tried. She and I were so alike sometimes. We both liked sports, skateboarding, cars, yes I said cars she is a complete grease monkey. I know she sounds like a complete tomboy but you are so wrong she can be all girly when she wants to with the whole shopping and painting her nails. The only difference is that she wasn't obsessed with it and she wasn't scared to break a nail.

She is a complete random person. When you think you've figured her out she completely throws you off by doing the complete oppsite of what you expect. Like her music taste for example, our mom is Mexican so we grew up listening to Spanish music as well so when you put Adrianna's ipod on shuffle one song will be mudshovel by stained and the next could be Pepe aguilar singing "por mujeres como tu" with mariachi. She used to make me listen to all sorts of thing saying that she was "educating" me but now she doesn't even listen to music herself. I've been so worried and I think this trip is exactly what she needs to get herself back.

MOM'S POV

          I think my husband and I made the right choice when it comes to Adri's idea of moving to California. We knew right away what our decision was the only thing left to discuss was what exactly we were going to tell her.

Adri's POV

          I walked downstairs into the dinning room to find my mom and dad already there. I sat down and a little while later Adam came in and sat down next to me. We started eating in silence and it started to get uncomfortable quickly but my mom started to talk soon after.

"So Amy's dad called the other day and said that the company really misses your designs."

       Wow that really caught me off guard. I had stopped designing when the whole thing with Oddy happened. I used to just do it for fun but a few years ago Amy showed her dad a few of my sketches and he liked them. After that I would give him a couple of sketches a month and if he liked any he would buy them. I wasn't a major designer or anything but Mr. Johnson liked to mix things up once in a while so he bought my designes. I had fun and I got paid doing it. I saved all that money up so everything I have I bought with my own money which is a good thing because I can be a shopaholich sometimes. My parents are what you would call rich but we don't brag about it. My parents have always told my brother and I that we have to earn what we get so we were never spoiled.

After Oddy's death I had stoped doing a lot of things but I didn't know Mr. Johnson missed my designs so her mentioning it kind of surprised me. I didn't know what to say so I just replied by saying

"oh"

"your brother also told me about what you wanted to do"

My mom was saying things that had no relation. I mean what does me designing for Mr. J have to do with moving to California? I gave her a questioning look but also decided to be straight forward.

 "so what have you guys decided?"

She gave my dad a look telling him to continued, he gave her a nod and started talking

"baby girl we love you so much and it really hurts us to see how you have been since Oddy passed away. Your mother and I are thinking about whats best for you and we only want to see you happy so..."

I was nervous now, he had kept a straight unemotional face so it could go either way at this point. They could say yes I can go or they could say absolutely not. It really does hurt me to see that I have caused them so much pain I hope they say yes so I can stop causing all this hurt.

My mom continued where my dad left off it was so cute they would always finish each others sentences.

"we decided to let you go" I jumped out of my chair and ran to them "thank you mommy and daddy los quiero mucho <I love you a lot> sometimes when I get excited or angry or when I have strong emotions my Spanish comes out. Sometimes I just like talking in Spanish.

My mom stopped me and said the one word that I was afraid of

"but..." Oh NO theres a but this can not be good a but from my mom is never good.

"there are three conditions" at this point im really scared my mom might ask for something that I won't be able to do so I won't be able to move to California. Hesitantly I asked what they were.

"first your dad and I will buy you the house you will be staying at with your brother, second you have to visit us at least once a month and third you have to start designing for George again. (Amy's dad)

Wow those were pretty easy conditions, nothing too drastic so I immediately agreed to them  

"ok mom you got yourself a deal" I smiled widely and I saw relief and happiness in both my parents eyes I guess they hadn't seen me smile in such a long time and they realized that this was the best for me.