The Singer of Starlight

Nine children, one dead mother

" SHOOT HER DOWN" A voice roared, before every sniper focused on the small girl laughing like a manic. Every sniper fired. The small girl fell, a wide smile on her face. Louie Newman smiled as chaos enveloped the room, the end of the war being announced.

The child that remembers, in tears for the fall of the first

As the truce was made, the one of death asked the king a favour. Hundreds of miles away, a man named Samuel stood in the open, waiting for his death. As the lightning streamed towards him, he smiled, knowing his goddess would return and his name would live on. World War 2 may have ended, but his descendant would die by fire in another.

Two dead, the child who remembers has the death marks to remember them by

Dee smiled. She was going home. The others had escaped, now they were coming for her. A small knife in hand, she ran at the leader of the group and stabbed him. Guns fired at her and she fell. The smiling girl that saved so many died knowing that she had completed her mission.

One reality to the next, the remaining children must restore the world

Kema Newman trembled in fear, remembering to keep her mouth shut. A warm feeling enveloped her, just like her legendary ancestor had all those years ago. She smiled, feeling courage run through her. " OVER HERE!" She yelled, seeing the arrow speeding towards her. As she was hit, laughing silently, she whispered something only four would ever hear. " I'm coming home"

Scattered across time, the one who remembers shall feel pain unbearable

Screams of anger and pain fill the room. Miles and Carmel run to see what was happening. As they entered, they were greeted by the bloody body of Ace Nappa, killed by Nona herself. Miles hugged Nona while Carmel checked Ace. She was smiling. She was safe. She was dead.

The fifth returns to the original world, the child who remembers no longer trusting the anyone

Astra and Summer hugged each other, clutching each as the temple fell apart. As the destruction came closer and closer, Summer took a risk and pulled Astra's face towards her, kissing her with eyes full of tears. They pulled apart and said that they loved each other and then where crushed, dying instantly.

Two love, and the child that remembers cries, for there are only two left

" Kill the beast!" Kit froze. The soldiers were backing Em into a corner, their eyes shut. " NO!" She screamed, throwing herself in front of the swords. Em let out a heartbroken screech as Kit crumpled to the ground. Even though she lay dying in her love's arms, Kit smiled as she heard the song she helped create. Sounds of happiness filled her ears. She laughed breathlessly and gripped Em's hand. Then she slept.

Forgive but do not forget the story of the girl and the gorgon, the child who remembers shall do so

Screams ripped through the small town, waking many. The noises came from the mountains, the wolves howling with the screams. Children cowered in their beds, parents shaking from terror. The elders of the town gathered and discussed what the screams meant. They had been happening for weeks. One elder, who wasn't the most talkative, stood and waited for silence. He explained an ancient legend, of a woman with nine children, killed by the children's father for loving another woman. Eight of the nine children were thrown through time and space by the father, who was a powerful warlock. One child, before she was attacked by the spell, killed her father. He cursed her with dying breath to remain immortal, to feel the pain of the whole world and to never, ever be loved.

While the mother had been killed, her lover lived on. While the father was a powerful warlock, the lover was a nymph of space, so she blessed the child to carry a crystal made of pure starlight. When her siblings died, their souls would become trapped in the crystal, and when all nine where inside her mother with be reborn. Until then, she would live forever and feel immense pain when her siblings died. The screams were the cries of the ninth child, the ninth piece, feeling her siblings pain and suffering.

The elder gravelly said that four children, one of fire, one of air, one of earth and one of water must be selected. The next time the screams sounded, they would have to venture to the child's lair and kill her, so her soul may join the crystal.

So the four where selected, and the mad singer was born.

A/N- This is the back story of Connie, one of the crazed deiteies in this story. Don't worry if it makes no sense, It's not supposed to.