Soonyoung tilts his head, then nods. "Sure. I can ask Wonwoo and you ask Mingyu?"

Jihoon agrees.

And so they text the two soon-to-be-boyfriends.

"Wait," Jihoon says, grabbing Soonyoung's wrist before the latter is just about to send the message to Wonwoo. He looks at Jihoon quizzically.

"We shouldn't send our message at the same time, or they might know what's up, and that we were talking about them together. What if they're together right now and get the text at the same time? They do spend a lot of time together."

Soonyoung laughs. "Wow, you're so smart, Jihoonie." He quickly hugs Jihoon, who turns away with a blush on his cheeks.

"Anyway," Jihoon coughs. "You can send the text first. I'll send mine sometime later.

"Okayyyy," Soonyoung says happily, sending the text, "hey wonu, how are things with you and gyu lately? things are okay? anything new? lol just curious, bye~~"

Just a moment later, he receives a reply from Wonwoo.

"uhh well, he's sleeping right now and I'm stuck here because he's kind of... on top of me...?" Wonwoo's text reads.

"OHHH," Soonyoung shouts out loud, making Jihoon jump.

"What? What happened?" Jihoon peers at Soonyoung's phone screen, eyes widening as he reads the text.

"Ohh," Jihoon starts. "I'm happy but also kind of don't want to know what happened last night."

Soonyoung laughs. "True."

His phone vibrates again, and he looks down to see Wonwoo reply again.

"soonyoung??? did u die? lol I hope not"

Soonyoung smirks and sends, "OOOOHHHHHH VERY NICE, WONU ;) ;) ;)"

"SOONYOUNG. SHUT. UP. You know it isn't like that."

"I can almost see your poker face, Wonu. Anyway, I'm not here to tease you, I'm really glad about it. <3 "

"stop it, I'm choking on air and gyu is still sleeping and if I wake him up, it's ur fault. bye."

"okokokkkk I'm sorrysorry. I'm just happyyyy~"

Wonwoo doesn't reply, and Soonyoung assumes he probably set his phone down and just probably thought about Mingyu while secretly blushing. Soonyoung smiles at the thought.

"Okay," He says loudly to Jihoon. "I ship them so hard..." He sighs dreamily.

"Me too," Jihoon agrees. But he looks like something is on his mind.

"What's on your mind, Jihoonie?" Soonyoung asks, reaching out to pat his shoulders, feeling butterflies in his stomach at just the slight touch.

"Um, Soonyoung... I wanted to tell you something...?" Jihoon is nervous, his heart thumping in his chest, but he has to say it, he knows it.

Nobody wants another case of the past.

After all, he and Soonyoung have been friends for so many years now, and he's sure that now he...

No, is it too soon?

Too sudden?

Will Soonyoung hate me?

No, Jihoon needs to stop hesitating and stop overthinking, and just say what he feels in his heart.

"Jihoonie?" Soonyoung waves his hand. "You okay? You blanked out."

"I'm okay... I, uh..." He clears his throat.

"Soonyoung, you've been my friend for so long and been with me through everything. You've been there to hug me when I cry, to jump up and down with me when I celebrate something good happening, to be there for me when I'm frustrated with a song I'm writing... You have always been a great friend. As embarrassing it is for me to say things like this, I really... adore you? I couldn't find a better word than adore, well, besides appreciate, so, um..."

He fidgets nervously.

"I really like you, Soonyoung." Jihoon finishes, not daring to look up. "Will you be my boyfriend?" He squeezes his eyes shut.

SIlence.

Jihoon panics.

But then, Soonyoung speaks.

"Jihoon," He says slowly. "I'm... I can't believe you... Oh my god." Jihoon finally dares to look at him, and sees that Soonyoung's cheeks are pinkish, and a happy smile is on his lips. Soonyoung wraps him in a hug, tightly squeezing him, and Jihoon smiles.

"Jihoon, thank you so much, I don't know what to say, it's crazy, thank you so much." Soonyoung smiles. "I like you too, a lot... I planned on confessing to you someday, actually. So yes, I'd love to be your boyfriend."

Jihoon hides his face with his sleeves and Soonyoung laughs, pinching his cheek lovingly.

"Wanna get couple shirts? I've always liked those."

Jihoon rolls his eyes. "I'd be down for the ones that have one shirt that reads, "I'm dating the idiot." with an arrow on it. And you'd wear the the other shirt that says, "I'm the idiot."

"That is such a you thing to say. I like it." Soonyoung laughs, grinning. "But not as much as I like you, Jihoonie."

This time, Jihoon didn't lose his chance.

He's so happy.

"I like it too." Jihoon murmurs.

_______

"너를 좋아해."

_______

author's note: Sorry this chapter was shorter, but I really wanted to show something about soonhoon and how Jihoon learned from the past, and didn't miss his chance this time. Also because he deserves happiness, and I felt so bad when I made him upset in his previous appearance. And also showed a bit of what happened with mingyu and wonu. lol wonu stuck there

chapter has been edited