Chapter 10

You woke up on a hospital bed and gasped immediately sitting up and regretting it. Pain stabbed you in the chest and you flopped back onto the bed clutching yourself. You then heard voices outside of the room. You easily recognized Eren's voice and there was someone else.

"What happened?" You asked yourself recalling last night.

You had been captured and beaten from a man who had some kind of beef with your father. Then you remember hearing Eren say something before passing out. You immediately blushed.

"He said I love you....in French!" You said to yourself. 'Wait....does this mean he has feelings for me! Why is everything so complicated all of a sudden.'

You then heard the door open and you buried yourself in the covers and pretended you were asleep.

"Will she be okay dad?" Eren asked.

"Yes. I'm the best doctor there is. She'll be better in no time," the man known as Eren's father said.

"Good," Eren said and then sat down at the edge of your bed.

"I'll leave you to keep her company," Mr. Jaeger said and then walked out of the room.

Eren gazed at you and smiled.

"You had me so worried. When Marco said something had happened to you and that you were home alone I was so afraid I had lost you. But I'm glad you're okay," Eren said brushed your hair to the side and kissed your forehead.

You were so flustered and when you opened your eyes you looked at Eren and you swore that he was blushing as well.

"You're awake," Eren said and stood up.

"Yeah...," you said and hid your blush with the blanket. "What is it that you said to me before I lost consciousness?"

Eren stared at you not knowing how to respond.

"It doesn't matter," Eren said and stared at the ground.

You gazed at him sad and hurt. "Oh. Okay," you said began to fiddle around with the sheets on the bed.

"How'd I get here? Do my parents know?" You asked.

"We called the police and an ambulance. We also called my father who is a doctor and he helped patch you up. You have a few broken ribs but that's about it," Eren said. "And we don't know where your parents are. And what did that man even want with you."

"He said my father owed him money so he took me to use as a bargain or to probably sell me," you said and sighed.

"We'll take you home later but right now you should rest," Eren said and began to walk off.

"Wait!" You called and he stared at you. "Can you stay with me? I don't want to be alone."

"Of course I'll stay," Eren said and then walked over. "Just get some rest."

He sat down at the edge of the bed and watched you. You smiled and then closed your eyes and began to fall asleep.

Aw....so cute! Eren cares but won't admit it!